By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why is it ok to post why you hope PS3 beats 360 in sales but not vice versa

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

Around the Network

Because we can.

man, you missed it, a year ago, all people did was shit on the ps3 and the hardcore gamers.

In my view the 360 needs to beat out the PS3 in sales. I refuse to be a cheerleader for a console that costed $600 out the gate. Sony needs to be taught that they can't get away with such bs again. And I frankly surpised at the amount of Sony cheerleaders there are at this site. I mean sure they've since docked the price by 50% but that was mostly because they had to. This is the same company that thought its fanbase were big enough lemmings to fork out 600 bucks for a console with no games on it.. Straight from the horses mouth.

Granted MS has some issues too, mainly the RROD which admittedly is downright rediculous for a $300 console in its own right, but hell they at least fix it for free, no harm no foul. And they don't push their own media format on you.. I like the sales exactly where they're at:

Wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360>>>>>>PS3

locking due to alt account creating complaint thread.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

In my view the 360 needs to beat out the PS3 in sales. I refuse to be a cheerleader for a console that costed $600 out the gate. Sony needs to be taught that they can't get away with such bs again. And I frankly surpised at the amount of Sony cheerleaders there are at this site. I mean sure they've since docked the price by 50% but that was mostly because they had to. This is the same company that thought its fanbase were big enough lemmings to fork out 600 bucks for a console with no games on it.. Straight from the horses mouth.

Granted MS has some issues too, mainly the RROD which admittedly is downright rediculous for a $300 console in its own right, but hell they at least fix it for free, no harm no foul. And they don't push their own media format on you.. I like the sales exactly where they're at:

Wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360>>>>>>PS3

actually it cost 850$ and sony was selling it on a lost.

same for the 360 it was 400$-500$ but really was 600$-700$ unreliable piece of hardware.

SuperiorX99 said:

Well, besides PS3 fanboys, I personallly think Sony deserves it. Microsoft has done an excellent job with their console however, one can't really give them more support when they are already successful and run shady and expensive businesses that only harm early adopters (My opinion). The Wii is doing fine and everyone knows it. But the PS3 is the underdog.

The PS3 represents superior hardware just not properly introduced, so IMO, this is their true moment. It would be fallacy to say that they aren't trying, because in reality, they are trying very hard, and their are now tasting the fruits of their hard work. I personally support those who try hard, and Sony gets a big win in my book.

As for the reason why your topic was initially deleted, I have absolutely no idea.

I beg to differ, Sony deserves what it has gotten so far, It has used some even shader underhanded stunts for copyright protection as well as overpricing some inferior products (the Sony Xplode line...horrible muddy sound), trying to leverage mass support for proprietary hardware (thank God every attempt so far has failed) Also, Overpricing a console that was stuffed with features the average consumer did not need or want, then pissing of devs...thats definitely a business model we should all follow. That having been said, I do think Sony makes some excelant consumer level products. And MS has done some shady things. But the point I am trying to make is that Sony is just as guilty of trying to screw consumers as MS. Sony was INSANE to use hardware that was farther advanced than MS's hardware because devs do not know how to utilize it better, and those that do, do not see any profit in doing so. Why spend the extra money to create something that is only marginally better for one system than the other. Even exclusives don't use all the power. So Sony is basically throwing money away, at the expense of the consumer. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

@metallicube
I feel like that's the wrong kind of thing anyone should be thinking. But hey, it's a free world.

The same thing can be said about the 360. It has never made a profit. It is a fact that they released the 360 to stomp on Sony and keep them out of the computer market. and the RROD was just disastrous. Sure they fix them for free, but why should everyone have to go a few weeks without a system they paid for?