By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP go! gets AMAZING feature (take this darth)

I wanted a reason to get a GO and this might just be it. My blackberry has online, so I basically get internet connection everywhere which is the one thing I wanted more then anything.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

You have to pay extra money in order to tether your phone to a different device. For the iphone it's something like an extra $50 a month.

mtofu said:
this sounds good for everyone in the world who has unlimited data packages, but in canada where we're raped in charges this is a feature that's not going to be used.

Mobile phone internet is still very expensive, so if any of you decide to use this feature, be careful. Downloading one 600 MB game could literally cost you a fortune.

leo-j said:

With the firmware releasing tomorrow 6.10, a new MP3 application is coming to the PSP GO and PSP 3000, adding more function and an amazingly good interface ot the PSP's when it comes to music(rivaling the itouch). The big feature though for the PSP GO is "bluetooth tethering" whats this? Well..

If you have any cellphone with bluetooth, the PSP GO can link to it and access the internet with ease, in other words every cellphone on earth is now a wifi hot spot for the PSP GO.

The feature is a huge step to digital gaming, and definately adds value to the PSP GO.

Why is MP3 a good thing?? AAC audio is more advanced, has higher quality audio, even at a lower bitrate. It even rivals audio CDs, Leo-j. Even Nintendo realized this when making the DSi... :S

onionpaper said:
You have to pay extra money in order to tether your phone to a different device. For the iphone it's something like an extra $50 a month.

my hopes and dreams are crushed. :(

Nevermind then. Still looking for a reason then.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

@star scream

Yes it WILL cost a fortune..

mM
Star Scream said:
mtofu said:
this sounds good for everyone in the world who has unlimited data packages, but in canada where we're raped in charges this is a feature that's not going to be used.

Mobile phone internet is still very expensive, so if any of you decide to use this feature, be careful. Downloading one 600 MB game could literally cost you a fortune.

Yeah, and phones with unlimited data actually limit the size of a file you can download via their service. I can't even download files over 40mb from the App Store with my iphone in 3g, I have to connect to a wireless connection. Cell phone companies aren't going to let people get away with their claims of "unlimited."

i might get a psp go just for the portable internet if it can access it for free from my phone.

I'm just giving you all a heads up, because I've been paying a fortune for cell phone internet the past few years.

leo-j said:
321tttrini4everz said:
leo-j said:

With the firmware releasing tomorrow 6.10, a new MP3 application is coming to the PSP GO and PSP 3000, adding more function and an amazingly good interface ot the PSP's when it comes to music(rivaling the itouch). The big feature though for the PSP GO is "bluetooth tedering" whats this? Well..

If you have any cellphone with bluetooth, the PSP GO can link to it and access the internet with ease, in other words every cellphone on earth is now a wifi hot spot for the PSP GO.

don't fckn bullshit me !..... aare you serious man ? you got the psp go ?

I wish I could buy the PSP GO, if I had the money for it sure, but I dont.. unless I sell all my UMD's, my 3000 and 1000 and get $40 for gamestop's rip off trade in, then I could get a GO.

so how do you know the psp go can access the internet through a blue-tooth phone that has internet ?

lol i want to know