By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will FLY past 30 MILLION this year 100%

"Sony projected to sell 13 million this financial year, which means they need to ship 34.2 million by the end of March.This means that Sony should have sold about 31 million to customors by the end of December. Sony thinks it's possible"

I wouldn't give this ANY weight seeing as Sony as a company miss their projections year in year out whether they're doing well or not. That said, the OP makes a very good case and I think 30 Million is very possible.

Around the Network

This is the first time I've seen something positive posted about the PS3 doing spectacular and everyone is actually agreeing

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

CGI-Quality said:
Cueil said:
A good point was brought up with the unit shipping... how many PS3Slims can sony shove out a month? Also we already are seeing the shift in 360/PS3 sales in the US and I hesitate to call Sony's numbers anything but pent up demand for now. Alot of poeple point out the 360 sales, but as far as I can see the decent spike and then drop shows that Microsoft is more able to provide the price point that people want and they went on to sell massively the last two months. This is Microsoft's 5th holiday with the Xbox 360 and they've topped their numbers each year... I'm not saying they can do it this year, but I doubt that Sony's going to do it either. I think that the US is really going to be the deciding factor in wether Sony can hit that 30 million mark or not... I should go look at my predition I think I predicted 30million by years end for the PS3.

If you think Sony isn't going to top last year's PS3 numbers you are HIGHLY misinformed. You doubt that Sony ill do better than last year? VERY misinformed....

well, he's not completely out of perspective. sony already had a good supply of units and it's production was steady. who knows if sony will be able to produce as much as they're hoping to sell.

i think they'll make their mark, but if there's any one thing that's going to bugger it up then i think supply might be it.

ShadowSoldier said:
This is the first time I've seen something positive posted about the PS3 doing spectacular and everyone is actually agreeing

I know lol. Arnt i a bringer of love and peace lmao

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

HanzoTheRazor said:
@Cueil

You would have to be in the top 10 haters and doubters of the PS3 on VGC!

Cannot wait till SONY meets its 13 mil target this fiscal yr.

No actually I'm more moderate than most people I'm just more realistic.  I'll admit that I was extremely surprised that Sony's brand strength was still rolling that strong in Europe(but not in the US as you can see), but I'm glad they are back in the game.  Just because I don't gush over a system and overhype every thing that comes out like it's a god send doesn't mean I'm a hater... but I will admit to being a doubter... Sony pulled some really BS stuff and they have a long way to go to get back in my good graces.  I will correct people when I feel they need correcting... regardless of the system they are demeaning and on here it tends to be the 360 and Wii more than the PS3.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cueil said:
A good point was brought up with the unit shipping... how many PS3Slims can sony shove out a month? Also we already are seeing the shift in 360/PS3 sales in the US and I hesitate to call Sony's numbers anything but pent up demand for now. Alot of poeple point out the 360 sales, but as far as I can see the decent spike and then drop shows that Microsoft is more able to provide the price point that people want and they went on to sell massively the last two months. This is Microsoft's 5th holiday with the Xbox 360 and they've topped their numbers each year... I'm not saying they can do it this year, but I doubt that Sony's going to do it either. I think that the US is really going to be the deciding factor in wether Sony can hit that 30 million mark or not... I should go look at my predition I think I predicted 30million by years end for the PS3.

If you think Sony isn't going to top last year's PS3 numbers you are HIGHLY misinformed. You doubt that Sony ill do better than last year? VERY misinformed....

They couldn't do that bad if they tried... unlike their price drop Microsoft's price drop dried up sales on the PS3.  I'm pretty sure that I predicted 30 million for the PS3 by the end of the year anyway... it certainlly not out of the realm of possiblity unless Sony can't push out that many PS3s.

You think!? What a bold, bold statement to make after the price-cut and slim release. What incredible boldness you have.

N.Genckel said:
You think!? What a bold, bold statement to make after the price-cut and slim release. What incredible boldness you have.

I'd like to be the first to say good bye... I'm sure you'll enjoy your vacation.  It's obvious the OP thought heavily and checked and rechecked his numbers before posting his predictions and they warrant at least some respect.

@Cueil,

about the strenght of the PS3 in the US :

it is not like ODST was just released ? it is not like elite got a price cut 1 month ago ?
It is not like MS just make a special temporary offer specifically in the US ?

Nah ...........

Time to Work !

N.Genckel said:

This thread wasnt created to show my prediction because my prediction would be higher then 30m

I just made this thread to make everyone understand that when someone says from now on the PS3 will sell 30m plus they aint complete fools.

I mean this time last week saying the ps3 will go past 30 mil people will laugh at you. I mean a few mins before i created this thread people were laughin at the dude in the other thread and saying er no when he only asked if the PS3 could sell 30.

They were likeno more like 27mil. So obviously i am not stating the obvious to some. I am just educating people on how much the Holiday can have a huge impact on sales. Many newer members dont know this and even some older member are quick to forget

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st