By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Graphics Outdated by 2011!!

they are alreay outdated. wii is dead in the next year and a half.

Around the Network

Well, I am a PS3 supporter and i do love it, but the reason i prefer it over the Wii is not graphics, i'm not saying i don't like the graphics, is definately something great but it isnt the main reason. Just to let this clear, I'd prefer a PS2 than a Wii, simply because the Wii has no games that i like except Wii sports, and just the tennis, i don't like the other sports. The day the Wii gets a good driving game like Gran Turismo, an amazing sandbox game like GTA, and other games like God of War, Resistance, motorstorm or anything like that, i might consider getting one. Because the controller alone isn't going to make me buy it.

kars said: Diomedes1976 said: Well ,show me a PC game that looks as good as Motorstorm then . You are looking at a short time episode. It is always the same. In the beginning console games look like they can beat PC-Games but in the long run they can only fail because the PCs are always changing and reinventing themselves. You can't really win against this principle.
I know ,but I am not buying a 500 dollar graphics card and then another one 3 years from now ,with the expensive Windows Vista to maximize the DX10 graphics ,and then pay for the online as Microsoft wish and will push with the Games for Windows and Windows Live .Oh ,and the cost of the rest of the computer ,sound card ,etc .We are talking two different markets here .Of course the servers of the Nasa dwarf anything all the same ,but its irrelevant in this discussion .

Kamahl said: Well, I am a PS3 supporter and i do love it, but the reason i prefer it over the Wii is not graphics, i'm not saying i don't like the graphics, is definately something great but it isnt the main reason. Just to let this clear, I'd prefer a PS2 than a Wii, simply because the Wii has no games that i like except Wii sports, and just the tennis, i don't like the other sports. The day the Wii gets a good driving game like Gran Turismo, an amazing sandbox game like GTA, and other games like God of War, Resistance, motorstorm or anything like that, i might consider getting one. Because the controller alone isn't going to make me buy it.
the day one of those games is more fun than the simple demo game, "Wii Sports" AND the PS3 cuts its price in half, then ill CONSIDER buying one. just so you know, itll be very interesting what happens in the next year. the Wii may find itself with alot of those games.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Hus said: they are alreay outdated. wii is dead in the next year and a half.
Your not being sarcastic are you. Wii dead in next year & a half? Maybe the graphics. But to throw in my two cents, I do think that the grafics will be outdated, but not by much, as the Wii developers can make very good looking non-HD games by that time, just like the 360/PS3 can make good games by that time too. But, in all, graphics are becoming irrelivent. With how well the Wii is doing, Gameplay now becomes the main focus. This is where Sony and Microsoft will struggle. Now they have to make new and interesting products. It could be Nintendo could win the next generation as well, till someone can try and make a device and dominate. So, outdated by 2011, yes. Does it matter. Not to much.

Around the Network

Smashchu said: But to throw in my two cents, I do think that the grafics will be outdated, but not by much, as the Wii developers can make very good looking non-HD games by that time, just like the 360/PS3 can make good games by that time too. But, in all, graphics are becoming irrelivent. With how well the Wii is doing, Gameplay now becomes the main focus. This is where Sony and Microsoft will struggle. Now they have to make new and interesting products. It could be Nintendo could win the next generation as well, till someone can try and make a device and dominate. So, outdated by 2011, yes. Does it matter. Not to much.
good post. the wii cant be dead in a year and a half. its getting better 3rd party support than any other console, and nintendo has ALWAYS had the best platformers, and no one can argue that. thanks to the platformers, nintendo consoles could never die, and the Wii the greatest nintindo console to date, and no one can argue that either. so now, if you cant argue any of those things, then how can it die...ever?

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Narfer said: Kamahl said: Well, I am a PS3 supporter and i do love it, but the reason i prefer it over the Wii is not graphics, i'm not saying i don't like the graphics, is definately something great but it isnt the main reason. Just to let this clear, I'd prefer a PS2 than a Wii, simply because the Wii has no games that i like except Wii sports, and just the tennis, i don't like the other sports. The day the Wii gets a good driving game like Gran Turismo, an amazing sandbox game like GTA, and other games like God of War, Resistance, motorstorm or anything like that, i might consider getting one. Because the controller alone isn't going to make me buy it. the day one of those games is more fun than the simple demo game, "Wii Sports" AND the PS3 cuts its price in half, then ill CONSIDER buying one. just so you know, itll be very interesting what happens in the next year. the Wii may find itself with alot of those games.
Well, you made me notice i made a mistake, i won't buy a Wii because i only buy 1 console per generation but i would have considered it before i bought a PS3. So now, replying to your comment, Wii Sports is more fun in your opinion, not to me, don't use your opinion as a fact. Replying to your other point, even if owned both, the PS3 would be superior, because of the graphics and physics that the modern technology allows. Yes, i know i said graphics weren't that important, but if i have to decide between 2 games that feel almost the same, i go for the one with better graphics. Just a simple example, motorstorm. What if motorstorm was released on the Wii? It cant be released on the Wii, itwouldn't be motorstorm cause the wii can't handle those huge explosions and all the other things going on. Thank you for something, you did make me realise i made a stupid comment before.

Narfer said: the day one of those games is more fun than the simple demo game, "Wii Sports" AND the PS3 cuts its price in half, then ill CONSIDER buying one. just so you know, itll be very interesting what happens in the next year. the Wii may find itself with alot of those games.
Trying to use your opinions as facts, are we?? That's not gonna work on PS3 players, mate. BUT we can actually take graphics as facts.. can we not? Gameplay is an opinion, graphics is a fact. That's where you wii supporters LOSE miserabley.
HappySqurriel said: In what way for what purpose? From an artistic perspective it is a very nice looking game, from a technical perspective many Gamecube games (Resident Evil and Rogue Squadren to name a couple) are better ... The fact that the PS2 at (approximately) 1/4 the power of the Wii can still produce artistically beautiful games supports the point that you don't need HD at the moment.
What do you mean by technical?? How can you compare RE4's close quarters to GoW's vast world envirnoments?! Lighting effects! Is that something RE's developers didn't know about?? I personnally found RE4 boring anyway cause it's a REALLY... ugh, can't describe it... Do you really think this picture was taken from a PS2?! That's what HD progressive scan makes this game look like!

Planning on getting a PS3 sometime in July-August.

Kamahl said: So now, replying to your comment, Wii Sports is more fun in your opinion, not to me, don't use your opinion as a fact.
You may not think it is more fun. However, since Wii sports has almost sold more copies in japan alone than all ps3 titles combined for NA and Japan, as of the latest figures. Hell Excite Truck plays better than MotoStorm. Faster and much more fun. Not as pretty, but hey I want to stare at pretty and throw money away I'll go down to the local topless club. Japan+NA for Wii Play is 1.45m units. Japan Wii Sports is 1.23m units. Japan+NA for ALL ps3 titles is 1.97m units. (Japan is through March 18th and NA is through Feb. on this site) Eh, this entire thread is bs. Wii is clearly stomping the competition and April will prove it where even after some so called killer ps3 titles have released and it finally launched in EU, Wii is still leading the pack by 300,000 units worldwide. The only thing that beats the wii is the ds. Both prove graphics come second to gameplay. Actually let me revise those numbers. February shows that the Wii outsold the closest competition by 310,000+ units in Japan and NA. I'm sure it was another 100,000 for EU compared to 360, but since ps3 wasn't there yet we will wait for April as march shouldn't count since it was launch month and ps3 will be higher there, not worldwide, but there. So worldwide we will see a 400,000 unit lead every month by Wii.

superchunk said: Kamahl said: Eh, this entire thread is bs. Wii is clearly stomping the competition and April will prove it where even after some so called killer ps3 titles have released and it finally launched in EU, Wii is still leading the pack by 300,000 units worldwide. The only thing that beats the wii is the ds. Both prove graphics come second to gameplay.
Yet again, SuperChunk I agree with you completely. Are you sure you aren't me logging in as another user ;? Guys - you KEEP missing the point. The reason the Wii will dominate is that it is the console for NON-GAMERS (this is the generation of the non-gamer). Even if every GAMER in the world would buy a PS3 + 360, and NOT buy a Wii - the Wii would STILL win. Non-gamers make up a huge chunk of the market (i.e. everyone who doesn't normally buy consoles). The Wii is being adopted by Nintendo fans (huge numbers), a large % of normal/hardcore gamers (typically buy all consoles), a % of PC gamers (who normally dislike consoles) - and most importantly - non-gamers. Heck, I think its funny that Nintendo has re-positioned itself from aiming at "kids" to now "retirees". Just the "elder population" market alone is worth BILLIONS - many of them are bored, scared of technology, have plenty of money - and are not afraid to spend it. And 99.9% of them are not interested in either the PS3 or the 360 (or any other console) - but the Wii *is* sucking them in. Compete against that.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099