By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 EUROGAMER Review -- 10/10 (still BIASED?)

Euphoria14 said:
@CGI

Screw UC2, get Demon's Souls.

You can always get UC2 later on. Come on now, how can you say no to this?

/thread

Around the Network

Wow... coming from the ultimate Anti-Sony reviewing site for gaming.... this is like basiclly saying "Don't fuck with Uncharted 2" damn... congrats to naughty dog.

CGI-Quality said:
makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
@CGI

Screw UC2, get Demon's Souls.

You can always get UC2 later on. Come on now, how can you say no to this?

/thread

NO! Don't /thread....

You haters appaul me................

Fine.

Do what I'm doing, and get both!

/thread

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
This is the FIRST PS3 exclusive they have given a 10 too I think

I never expected it to be uncharted 2, I thought it would be MGS4

I'm surprised MGS4 got as high a score as it did from Eurogamer.  It's the exact opposite of their kind of game.  They like great gameplay and stories that are to the point.  Long cutscenes aren't their thing.

"Great gameplay" is subjective.

Story being "to the point" however isn't.

MGS games drag the story out like crazy.  It's like in a lot of JRPGs where you get a girl who you know is the damn princess but they take like half the game to reveal that...

except it's the entire story.

Eurogamer complains about it every MGS game, and this time it was worse with an even higher cutscene to gameplay ratio.

Seriously, it was lucky to get an 8 like MGS3. Probably because they don't do .5's and a 7 would be pushing it.

Well, then it kills your point to have received such scores. For your logic to have worked, both would have to apply, and obviously they didn't.

How so?  Like I said.  All Eurogamer cares about is good gameplay and well paced good storytelling.  There is no way for a game to get a 10 when it has such untimley storytelling. 

Which was actually my point.

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I'm surprised MGS4 got as high a score as it did from Eurogamer.  It's the exact opposite of their kind of game.  They like great gameplay and stories that are to the point.  Long cutscenes aren't their thing.

MGS games drag the story out like crazy.  It's like in a lot of JRPGs where you get a girl who you know is the damn princess but they take like half the game to reveal that...

Eurogamer complains about it every MGS game, and this time it was worse with an even higher cutscene to gameplay ratio.

Seriously, it was lucky to get an 8 like MGS3. Probably because they don't do .5's and a 7 would be pushing it.

Well, then it kills your point to have received such scores. For your logic to have worked, both would have to apply, and obviously they didn't.

How so?  Like I said.  All Eurogamer cares about is good gameplay and well paced good storytelling.  There is no way for a game to get a 10 when it has such untimley storytelling. 

Well, the Metal Gear franchise is known for immense story telling. There's nothing really I can say much more on this...I'm not trying to belittle your opinion, just giving my take

Yes, and that's my point.  Eurogamer doesn't like drawn out storytelling that breaks up the gameplay too much... hence why MGS4 would be a bad choice to expect a 10 out of 10 from them.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Then how the hell did both Oblivion and Fallout 3 get 10/10.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Then how the hell did both Oblivion and Fallout 3 get 10/10.

Fallout 3's storytelling is paced fine.

And as stated aboev, gameplay is relative.

Never played Oblivion.

@kasz

come one kas.....an 8 for MGS4 is low

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@kasz

come one kas.....an 8 for MGS4 is low

No it's not by Eurogamer standards.   I mean they complained about Kojima's poor pacing for 3 games and it hasn't changed.  If anything it got worse with an even larger cutscene to game ratio!

It was lucky to get the score it did from them.