By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - When will pc graphics start to really outpace console (this gen) graphics?

craighopkins said:

pc gaming is dead

except for MMOs

then why is PC gaming growing, while consoles are declining in 2009?

Around the Network
craighopkins said:

pc gaming is dead

except for MMOs

lol

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
jefforange89 said:
vlad321 said:
Dogswithguns said:
jefforange89 said:
Dogswithguns said:
vlad321 said:
Dogswithguns said:

Do we really need better PC graphics than what it is now? ....no not really.

Does the Wii really need better graphics than it already has now? ... no not really.

On the Wii = Yes

On the PC = No

And why's that?

Bcuz the Wii graphics hurts my eyes....

The 360/PS3 graphics hurt my eyes, so does the tearing, lack of AA, and ridiculously low resolutions. It's just painful to watch.

This.

And it's hilarious how many of the most popular "HD" games are really just hairs above the "dreaded" SD of Wii games, and nowhere near true HD.

My point was the PC graphics don't really need to be any higher resolutions than what they are now(Im happy with it personally)..... I never said anything about the consoles graphics comparing to PC's in the first place.

tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

Once again your credibility goes down the toilet shio.

Say that to the millions of MMORPG players that each lost thousands of hours in just 1 game. In pure design, MMORPGs are the closest to "harcore", because in order to compete with the best you are forced to lose hundreds of hours just to get in a position where such thing is possible, regardless of the skill. You have a need to band with a guild or other groups of dozens and, with a strategy already in hand, to coordinate with them in order to achieve the objectives.

Halo 3? Just shoot the bastards. Great strategy there!! And skill?! You're playing with a damn gamepad?! Just let the auto-aim do the work, there's no need to aim it yourself.

I ask to everyone: Why run with 1 leg behind my back, when I can just run with both legs?

There is no auto-aim in Halo 3 so I'm assuming you've never played the game. If there is auto-aim then my copy of Halo must be missing it since I've not once noticed a auto lock on a target unlike COD.

yeah me too my halo 3 copy doesn't have auto aim. hey shio play the game before saying it has auto aim.also i didn't really notice the more fun when comparing HD DVD to standard DVD so i should be fine playing my watered down graphics game which i will enjoy more than spending alot more money for better graphics.

elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

Say that to the millions of MMORPG players that each lost thousands of hours in just 1 game. In pure design, MMORPGs are the closest to "harcore", because in order to compete with the best you are forced to lose hundreds of hours just to get in a position where such thing is possible, regardless of the skill. You have a need to band with a guild or other groups of dozens and, with a strategy already in hand, to coordinate with them in order to achieve the objectives.

Halo 3? Just shoot the bastards. Great strategy there!! And skill?! You're playing with a damn gamepad?! Just let the auto-aim do the work, there's no need to aim it yourself.

I ask to everyone: Why run with 1 leg behind my back, when I can just run with both legs?

There is no auto-aim in Halo 3 so I'm assuming you've never played the game. If there is auto-aim then my copy of Halo must be missing it since I've not once noticed a auto lock on a target unlike COD.

yeah me too my halo 3 copy doesn't have auto aim. hey shio play the game before saying it has auto aim.also i didn't really notice the more fun when comparing HD DVD to standard DVD so i should be fine playing my watered down graphics game which i will enjoy more than spending alot more money for better graphics.

Trust me it's there, maybe you are just so used to auto-aim on consoles that you can't even see it since it's a tiny bi less than usual, it's painfully apparent to anyone else. I'll try to find a link for you.

Edit: 1 minute later....

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Aim

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

I believe it may have been Ubisoft that said the next generation of games could cost over $60 million USD. There are only a few developers on PC with that kind of money to spend on development and they seem happy with graphics that don't even push medium range PCs.

Only a fool doesn't think auto-aim is present in H3. Sometimes I think people take pride in ignorance.

Back on topic, PC graphics take a dump on the Twins, which in turn do so to the Wii. The difference is the Wii provides a unique experience thus making the HD twins the middle men. - Mediocre graphics and controls worse than my P2 266 PC. The only thing that makes the HD consoles worth even a breath is the awesome exclusive, which in the end are a huge motivator. Thus a good gamer must own one or both. Still if the PC was back in its heyday I would have never bother buying the 360 and getting raped annually by MS for a subscription. And no don't tell me to get a PS3 I'm already planning on it an it is the same shit.

Also can we really call them HD when some of the biggest games are barely over 480p? Halo3 I'm looking at you...

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Legend11 said:
I believe it may have been Ubisoft that said the next generation of games could cost over $60 million USD. There are only a few developers on PC with that kind of money to spend on development and they seem happy with graphics that don't even push medium range PCs.

There are only a few developers with that kind of money period. Andmost of them need to target both the HD consoles and the PC to make their money back.

vlad321 said:
elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

Trust me it's there, maybe you are just so used to auto-aim on consoles that you can't even see it since it's a tiny bi less than usual, it's painfully apparent to anyone else. I'll try to find a link for you.

Edit: 1 minute later....

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Aim

Ouch.

elticker said:
tuscaniman said:
shio said:
Barozi said:
ROFLMAO !!!

MMORPGs = hardcore.

You guys don't even know there's auto-aim?! That's sad.