By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Facebook/Twitter Coming November 2009.

If you turn on your 360 today and head over to the 'Spotlight' section of your dashboard you will notice an advertisement for the "$50 mail in rebate" for the the Xbox 360 Elite. Clicking upon thid you will be able to read the details of the deal and what the Xbox 360 Elite has to offer. If you scroll down and look under the *Xbox Live Gold membership are you will see that it clearly states "Facebook and Twitter coming November 2009".

So there you have it. Facebook and Twitter are coming in November and it is confirmed by Microsoft. Well, sort of. ;)

Around the Network

Im more interested in the type of interface it will offer than the actual feature, I can go on twitter/facebook on my computer or even my ps3..

mM

I guess nobody cares :(

Well, I'm guessing everyone on VGChartz has computer so there isn't a need to go on a console to use Facebook or Twitter.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

IMO this is a waste of resources and time. Who's going to use it?

Around the Network

That blue Xbox 360 look nice. Facebook on Xbox will be so useful, when i can't access my pc.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
I guess nobody cares :(

I was hoping for it soon, It seems like its been forever since they announced it.  I am anxious to see the Facebook part of that and the Last FM part. I could care less about the other Twits.

wtfleo-j said:
Im more interested in the type of interface it will offer than the actual feature, I can go on twitter/facebook on my computer or even my ps3..

leo wat brings you to the 360 forum?

I want sky :(

Nobody has ever answered these for me yet, so i'll ask them here.

1.) What is the point in Facebook and/or Twitter without a keyboard? Will 360 allow USB keyboard support?

2.) Is this just basic Facebook account stuff without any of the Facebook apps like Farmville, Slot Machines, YoVille, etc...?

If there is no USB keyboard support I don't see why anyone would want to type with a controller and/or a controller add-on when they have a PC.

If there are no apps I also see Facebook as pointless because a lot of the Facebook love comes from the applications. If it does have the applications however but does not have Mouse/Keyboard support I would once again not see why anyone would use it instead of just hopping onto their PC.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!