By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official 5 week Sept USA NPD Thread (Data released ~6:30 pm 10/18/2007)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
_______http://www.consolewars.eu/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51593&page=246___________

Around the Network

WII ; PS3 and the mighty X Box 360 Numbers on the Link.

Press the Spoilerbutton on Post 

I don#t know how to post.

Please ! Somebody makes it happend

Heres the number for Madden Wii : http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=17837

Madden Wii: 58,000
Madden PS3:62,000

Look like the Wii Madden has way better legs.

Just_Ben said:
Heres the number for Madden Wii : http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=17837

Wow, not that bad, considering how people say third parties don't sell on Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Fabius said:

WII ; PS3 and the mighty X Box 360 Numbers on the Link.

Press the Spoilerbutton on Post

I don#t know how to post.

Please ! Somebody makes it happend

Thanks for the link, very interesting!

Around the Network
Fabius said:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
_______http://www.consolewars.eu/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51593&page=246___________

Nice post fabius, very nice post. I will try to show the right part of the image.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Just_Ben said:

Wow, not that bad, considering how people say third parties don't sell on Wii

I don't know, I'd say that's pretty pathetic for both versions, and of course more pathetic for Wii given the install base difference. Having "better legs" doesn't mean much when you're selling less anyways... It's like people saying "Halo has bad legs" when it sells only 4 or 5 million after the first month... Big Brain Academy Wii's better multiplier doesn't exactly make it a bigger hit...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Microsoft is making jokes and bashing the PS3 after sales numbers are released, which suggests they're not only happy with the current numbers, but quite optimistic about the future as well:

The $130 "Halo 3: Legendary Edition" alone sold twice as many units as the top title for PS3 "Heavenly Sword" (SCE); the helmet is mightier than the sword.

David Dennis, a Microsoft spokesman, gloated that Halo 3 sold more copies than all games made for the competing PlayStation 3 console for the months of May, June, July, August and September combined.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

N'Gai Croal:

From Washington, D.C. to Foster City, California, the word of the day is, apparently, "relevant." An embattled President Bush used the R-word yesterday morning during a press conference to explain why he decided to veto a children's health insurance bill supported by both Republicans and Democrats. That's why it echoed in our minds during a conversation yesterday afternoon with Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton, wherein he used the word "relevant" ten times in just 12 minutes while referring to the similarly besieged Playstation 3 and its predecessor. Was this a confident recitation of the facts or merely a wishful talking point? We'll let you be the judge. But based on what our sources are telling us, if the PS3 had a power animal, the September sales gap between the Sony's flagship console and those of its two competitors would see the PS3 represented by a duck—one as lame as the current occupant of the Oval Office.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
Microsoft is making jokes and bashing the PS3 after sales numbers are released, which suggests they're not only happy with the current numbers, but quite optimistic about the future as well:

They were making jokes and were bashing the PS3 already before the PS3 was launched.

The $130 "Halo 3: Legendary Edition" alone sold twice as many units as the top title for PS3 "Heavenly Sword" (SCE); the helmet is mightier than the sword.

David Dennis, a Microsoft spokesman, gloated that Halo 3 sold more copies than all games made for the competing PlayStation 3 console for the months of May, June, July, August and September combined.