By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which should I buy? A PS3 or XBOX 360?

With the HD systems lower price points I'm now considering buying one but I'm not 100% on which one I want..

I am interested in the PS3 more than the 360 right now due to Uncharted 2, free online and Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if those three items really outweigh the 360's price advantage and I'm not sure how viable the PS3 is in the long term compared to the 360. I see Natal as much more likely to get meaningful support than Sony's Wand and I own a Wii so Sony's Wand looks like a downgraded experience to me in that respect where as Natal looks different. I must add though that Natal/PS Wand aren't big reasons to pick one over the other as I already own a Wii and I'm not looking for a 'Wii HD' or anything like that.

XBOX 360 hardware failure is another issue I have on my mind and I'm not a fan of Halo so that won't sway me. Also as much as I don't want this to turn into a Forza 3 vs. GT5 debate, these are both titles that I'm highly interested in and so those should be considered.. There aren't that many exclusive titles and I'd like to pick up MW2 and NFS: Shift on whatever console I choose.. 

You guys know more about each console than I do so what do you think?

PLEASE DO NOT TROLL OR FLAME!! If somebody says something that you disagree with then politely correct them with your reasoning.

Around the Network

*grabs popcorn*

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
*grabs popcorn*

hihi

I'm gonna answer honestly here.
I think it depends on 3 factors.
1.What do most of your friends own? That's probably the one u should get.
2.Which controller do u prefer? (This can become a problem for people who owned a different last gen console)
3.What do YOU want? Honestly, don't get persuaded by some randoms on the internet, you will regret it.

puffy said:

I am interested in the PS3 more than the 360 right now due to Uncharted 2, free online and Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if those three items really outweigh the 360's price advantage

I don't know what the prices are in Oz, but wouldn't free online alone completely negate the 360's price advantage?

Around the Network

Oh great, this should be good. wanna share some of that popcorn tew?

It all comes down to what you want as a consumer. If you want to browse the web, store your pictures, play some good downloadable games, some great exclusives, watch Blu-Ray, or connect with a PSP, get a PS3.

If you want to download some good (better, imho) downloadable games, play some great exclusives, pay for a (once again, my honest opinion) better online service (but still, extremely similar), utilize Netflix on your television, get a 360.

Both systems have their exclusives. Both systems have their shortcomings. It's on you to figure out which console YOU will have the most fun with. We can all recommend, argue, post pics, and stuff.....we're very good at it. I've seen it. But in the end, if you're serious about this debate, it's your decision. For all we know, the CD-i is the best console for you.

Realistically, Sony and MS's motion controllers will become interesting software-wise in 2011. If I were you I'd base the investment of those $300+ on what I can get now and until then, in terms of software library, media capabilities, network features etc.

Looking for the far future is ok when the numbers at stake are higher, but a year and a half of satisfaction in exchange for my bucks would be more important to me in this case.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

I don't care what you get really but bigw has got the xbox 360 elite + codwaw + halo odst for $400 (I presume you live in Australia), so I'd go and pick up an xbox 360.

Also vgchartz needs more 360 fans so it seems a closed case to me. Get the xbox 360.

I believe many people ask these questions (whether to buy a or b) because if they make the wrong personal choice, they can easily blame it on someone else. Its like an easy way out.