By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales = 250K WW this week, BIGGEST Comeback ever?!

a comeback signifies a win
theystill behind
Maybe you can call this a bog bump in sales

Around the Network

Sure ps3 is selling fine now. it´s not like it´s selling ds or ps2 numbers either but to my opinion it is NOT the biggest comeback ever. Taking into acount that WII WAS THE BIGGEST COMEBACK EVER since everybody counted them off. and even thought that nintendo was going to drop out of the hardware race. Wii sold more than double of what its predecesor did. Ps3 will not sell more than ps2. so just think about that.

HanzoTheRazor said:
@atma998

What do u classify as it's normal sales... do u mean what the PS3 was selling bfore the price cut, cause that was not normal!

Before the 360 had it's price cuts last year the PS3 was constantly outselling it, at a higher price tag, too. Now they are more even, expect the PS3 to go back to outselling it constantly again.

Respect to SONY-san.

If Wii normal sales = 300k

then PS3 normal sales = 150k

200k for the final week sounds like a good number.
Would be interesting to see how the PS3 and Xbox 360 handles
with the Wii's price drop.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

kowenicki said:
@darth....

now you are being silly... the 360 price cut created a massive turnaround... it created a 3 million swing over the xmas period.

no your not reading my post

I said INITIAL effect

first 2 - 3 weeks of the xbox 360 price cut to $199 were nothing to go crazy over

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Well 250k is quite impressive.

Considering that a few people on this site were predicting that around 250k was going the be first week sales of the Slim.

The Slim is doing marvelous so far, the Holidays could be gigantic for Sony.

Yes it's Sony domination.

Yes it's the biggest comeback in consle history.

Yes it's crushing the Xbox once again, being the behemoth that Sony always was.

Yes I feel bad as a Xboy.

this!

PLAYSTATION®3

disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes I perdicted this.

lol...I dont know, I feel pretty good being an xbox owner. I like to play games and not count sales though...

If you didn't like to count sales, you wouldn't be on this site..you'd be on gamefaqs or neogaf or somewhere else=P  This website is and has been up until recent sales first > game information, news and reviews.  You've been here since the only important thing was sales=P

Phrancheyez said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes I perdicted this.

lol...I dont know, I feel pretty good being an xbox owner. I like to play games and not count sales though...

If you didn't like to count sales, you wouldn't be on this site..you'd be on gamefaqs or neogaf or somewhere else=P  This website is and has been up until recent sales first > game information, news and reviews.  You've been here since the only important thing was sales=P

I agree......if you are on Vg Chartz you certainly obviously care about Sales too

Coming here & then saying "I don't count sales" in a discussion is like going to GT Planet & saying I don't care about Gran Turismo

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The price is what has been holding sony back. Now that it is half of what it launched at, it's finally cost effective to buy it