By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kojima : NATAL Will Start a REVOLUTION!! (He was BLOWN Away)!

sinha said:
This is like the transportation revolution Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos predicted when he first saw the Segway.

The thought crossed my mind with the segway.  That's a funny example.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

Well, Natal an awsome idea, but I really want to see some games that work before passing judgement. I can't think of any way of getting around button pressing, but mabye the technology is good enough to bypass that?

Also I'm worried about the price. Howhever if Microsoft does everything right I might buy a Natal Xbox as my next gen system.

I blame Wii Fit...+!!!

One thing that's always been on my mind and I've seen no answer for is this....
When Natal scanned the artwork for that kid's skateboard, why didn't it pick up the 4 fingers on the side. It's not advanced enough to leave off an image of a scan and fill in the artwork itself. That's always bugged me for a demo and I've never seen an explanation as to why the fingers weren't scanned in also.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

wiifan75 said:
sinha said:
This is like the transportation revolution Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos predicted when he first saw the Segway.

lol, funny but don't you think that analogy is a bit harsh on natal.  i mean come'on,... the segway!?!?

Eh, what's this 2D -> 3D talk about? We've had motion control on the Wii, there's a camera / mic on the DS.

The revolution began 3 years ago.

Seriously though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
wiifan75 said:
sinha said:

lol, funny but don't you think that analogy is a bit harsh on natal.  i mean come'on,... the segway!?!?

It's not at all harsh: the Segway and Natal are both brilliant pieces of technology, but neither one is going to revolutionize anything.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

"Takahashi claimed that he thought Kojima almost fainted when he saw it "

Oh, please... *rolls eyes*

" we are going to see the same sort of revolution of going from 2D games to 3D games with the move to Natal " 

NATAL is cool but I think that those statements were way too enthusiastic. I would like to play with NATAL, but I don't think that we are in front of "the same sort of revolution of going from 2d games to 3d games". At this moment, NATAL has its limitations: what is supposed to make a gamer to move freely is limited to the space in where you are playing, for instance. I also think that some formulas will use NATAL plus some kind of controller (to use a gun or some kind of gear inside the game), etc.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Well Kojima....

GET TO WORK!!!!

guess he didn't see pseye.

Wow...i will say that MS has just played a winning deck if Natal almost feinted Kojima...wow