By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Games with good music

nice keep going anyone also no any good 8 bit stuff

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Around the Network

Gaming music I would recommend:

All Dragon Quest (or anything by Koichi Sujiyama like the Orchestrated Gaming Concerts)
Most Final Fantasy (I prefer FFIV/VI/VIII and the orchestrated collections the most)
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Most Kirby/Mario/Zelda/Metroid
Various Mega Man
Smash Bros Melee/Brawl
Most Castlevania games (Especially Castlevania III/IV/Symphony of the Night)
Odin Sphere/Muramasa
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Sim City 4: Rush Hour
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Age of Empires III
Various Sonic (I prefer Sonic Advance 2)
Ragnarok Online 2 (Yoko Kanno Beta OST - Never officially released but its out there)
Seiken Densetsu 2/3

Enjoy.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

halo! has awesome music

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Ar Tonelico 1 and 2. The hymns are wonderful. I have so many songs from those games on my ipod

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I'll always remember Plok on the SNES having great music, still remember that harmonica.

Other than that Chrono Trigger, Mario Galaxy, Starwing, Sonic 2 and Super Metriod seem to come to mind.

Around the Network

the Persona series! I love me some Shoji Meguro

Persona 4 OST,/Halo ODST OST(Not a fan of halo but the music goes well with the atmosphere)/Final fantasy VII CC OST

if you are just looking for music to listen to try ocremix.org. they take videogame music and remix it.

Zelda music is full of masterpieces

CGI-Quality said:
SILENT HILL 1-3 soundtracks, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, GTA: San Andreas

Just a few good soundtracks...

Oh god yes.

Jeremy Soule composed some of the best songs ever in that game.