By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rumor: MSFT wants EA, EA's stock jump in response

It looks like we may end up with EA franchises going 360 exclusive:

Shares of Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O) jumped more than 4 percent to $19.36 on Wednesday on unsubstantiated talk that Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) might be interested in buying the video game publisher, traders said.

link

Madden 360 exclusive would be maddness.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Beat ya to it!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=86950

noname2200 said:
Beat ya to it!

Different forum sections dont count

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:

Shares of Electronic Arts Inc (ERTS.O) jumped more than 4 percent to $19.36 on Wednesday on unsubstantiated talk that Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) might be interested in buying the video game publisher, traders said.

link

i thought part of the contract EA has with the NFL is that they can't made madden game unless they appear on every console.  i would lol quite hard if an EA buyout forced MS to make games for the wii and ps3. xD

^^ True. Me too!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
noname2200 said:
Beat ya to it!

Different forum sections dont count

Accursed bylaws!

kitler53 said:
dolemit3 said:

link

i thought part of the contract EA has with the NFL is that they can't made madden game unless they appear on every console.  i would lol quite hard if an EA buyout forced MS to make games for the wii and ps3. xD

But they could either have timed exclusiveness, or just make the other versions inferior. Well, the PS3 version anyway, Wii versions are always inferior.

Jereel Hunter said:
kitler53 said:
dolemit3 said:

link

But they could either have timed exclusiveness, or just make the other versions inferior. Well, the PS3 version anyway, Wii versions are always inferior.

PS3 versions are almost always inferior as well, actually.

Anyways, LOL at PS3 fans, you can see them squirming at this news. Trying to think of ways to spin it or cope with it.

I'm a huge Microsoft fan. But I get the feeling sometimes that they seriously just want to buy every single video game company until there is no more competition.

Sorry. I guess I'm over reaching. It's really not like Microsoft to want to bother with a monopoly.

"The year 1998 was significant in Microsoft's history, with Bill Gates appointing Steve Ballmer as president of Microsoft but remaining as Chair and CEO himself.[15] The company released Windows 98, an update to Windows 95 that incorporated a number of Internet-focused features and support for new types of devices.[15] On April 3, 2000, a judgment was handed down in the case of United States v. Microsoft,[13] calling the company an "abusive monopoly"[43] and forcing the company to split into two separate units. Part of this ruling was later overturned by a federal appeals court, and eventually settled with the U.S. Department of Justice in 2001."

Well I mean its not like they've wanted to do it recently.

"Since the 1980s, Microsoft has been the focus of much controversy in the computer industry.[102] The majority of criticism has been for its business tactics, often described with the motto "embrace, extend and extinguish." Microsoft initially embraces a competing standard or product, then extends it to produce their own version which is then incompatible with the standard, which in time extinguishes competition that does not or cannot use Microsoft's new version.[103] These and other tactics have resulted in lawsuits brought by companies and governments, and billions of dollars in rulings against Microsoft.[104][13][46] In January 2009, Opera Software ASA filed a complaint to the European Commission stating that Microsoft's inclusion of Internet Explorer with Windows-based personal computers is a violation of European competition laws.[105]"

Well, hmm.

Madden '11 Timed exclusive anyone?

That would make me buy an X360...

It would be a good bold move by MS. I'm not sure how SONY could respond other than buying up some other publishers. Then each console would increase their exclusive titles and reduce multiplats to indep dev groups with larger publishers.