By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The House M.D. Season 6 Thread

Gnizmo said:

This kinda bothered me. The whole episode had a sitcom feel. Yeah we have all these huge character altering changes now, but they would rip the heart of the series out. Everything will be back to the status quo in a handful of episodes, so whats the point? I just don't like how they went out of their way to focus on the huge changes in personality from House when we all know they won't last more than 4 episodes.

I liked the idea of the institution before I saw the episode. After seeing how the handled it, I really couldn't be happier it is over. The glaring mistakes they made on how those places are run really ate at me. Suspension of disbelief only helped so much. I suppose people who work in a hospital would feel that way about every episode though.

Hopefully the next few episodes prove more interesting. Based on the previews I am not exactly optimistic about it. Of course the writing tends to distract me from the actual plot lines so maybe I am rushing to judgment. With any luck the later episodes will have a better plot line. They never last more than a few episodes anyways.

I have a feeling this could be the last season, just from the ways things are turning out. I highly dought House is going to go back to what he use to be, didn't it show in the preview trailer to next episode and he's doing other things and not being a doctor?

Seems like there going to make everything go good with House and end the season with him happy and married or something like that. Or they can do another twist like he get's close to some woman then she dies on the last episode, that would be interesting.

@Twestern, you worry about the details to much, did you also notice that when House stuck his face in the cake that meant that no one could eat cake anymore :(

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

I have a feeling this could be the last season, just from the ways things are turning out. I highly dought House is going to go back to what he use to be, didn't it show in the preview trailer to next episode and he's doing other things and not being a doctor?

Seems like there going to make everything go good with House and end the season with him happy and married or something like that. Or they can do another twist like he get's close to some woman then she dies on the last episode, that would be interesting.

@Twestern, you worry about the details to much, did you also notice that when House stuck his face in the cake that meant that no one could eat cake anymore :(

As of episode 6 I expect everything to be back to normal. At most it will be episode 8, and that is assuming they treat the next episode as the start of a new story arc. The story arcs never go past 5-6 episodes. More typically they run around 4. The writers just don't like long plot lines.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

dtewi said:
I really don't care for the minor techincal inaccuracies unlike you nerds, I liked the episode.

But the girl talking after ten damn years was a major damn thorn in my side.

shit dude your post really made me laugh

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
dtewi said:
I really don't care for the minor techincal inaccuracies unlike you nerds, I liked the episode.

It did?

I wasn't being funny. I was being blunt and slightly funny. But not laugh out loud.

This proves that I am completely awesome for making people laugh when I'm not even trying.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
kirby007 said:
dtewi said:

It did?

I wasn't being funny. I was being blunt and slightly funny. But not laugh out loud.

This proves that I am completely awesome for making people laugh when I'm not even trying.

well i have to admit even a fart would make me rofl right now

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Eh... this episode felt like a big waste of time to me.

I mean even in the preview for next week you see house basically acting like House.

Unless the psychologist becomes a recurring guest star or something.

Entertaining though.

Gnizmo said:

This kinda bothered me. The whole episode had a sitcom feel. Yeah we have all these huge character altering changes now, but they would rip the heart of the series out. Everything will be back to the status quo in a handful of episodes, so whats the point? I just don't like how they went out of their way to focus on the huge changes in personality from House when we all know they won't last more than 4 episodes.

I liked the idea of the institution before I saw the episode. After seeing how the handled it, I really couldn't be happier it is over. The glaring mistakes they made on how those places are run really ate at me. Suspension of disbelief only helped so much. I suppose people who work in a hospital would feel that way about every episode though.

Hopefully the next few episodes prove more interesting. Based on the previews I am not exactly optimistic about it. Of course the writing tends to distract me from the actual plot lines so maybe I am rushing to judgment. With any luck the later episodes will have a better plot line. They never last more than a few episodes anyways.

Haha that's true.  Not to mention that most people don't even stay in instutions that long anymore anyway unless you've got a bunch of money.

cameron is leaving :(

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.tvguide.com/reports-jennifer-morrison-leaving-house-20090924

That's the link. She's not going to be killed off (another meaningless death would suck).

The next one is titled "Epic Fail".

I can only imagine.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you