By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Nintendo Wii At 250 Gives As Much Value As A 360 Elite/Ps3 At 300.

avinash habashi said:
DigitalE said:
What is your definition of "value?" Dollars spent per game? In that case, you might want to check out the iPod touch. There are hundreds of games for only $0.99 a pop, and just as many free ones as well.

Does It Have Ocarina Of Time? Thought Not. Less Value.

I don't see how "value" has anything to do with what games you want to play. It's like saying "a basketball is better value than a sewing machine."

Around the Network
DigitalE said:
avinash habashi said:
DigitalE said:
What is your definition of "value?" Dollars spent per game? In that case, you might want to check out the iPod touch. There are hundreds of games for only $0.99 a pop, and just as many free ones as well.

I don't see how "value" has anything to do with what games you want to play. It's like saying "a basketball is better value than a sewing machine."

If You Want To Play Basketball, Id Still Say The Wii Is  A Better Value Than BasketBall Since WiiSports Resrorts Came Out. Most Fun I Have Had With Basketbell My Entire Life.

avinash habashi said:
DigitalE said:

If that's your standard of "value," then get an N64.

DigitalE said:
avinash habashi said:
DigitalE said:

If that's your standard of "value," then get an N64.

I Have One, But It Doesnt Have A Link To The Past On It, So The Wii Is A Better Value. And The Wii Has Basketball.

Guys, I think its a joke thread, the point in the OP is really stupid and there is no need to argue against it, way to atract people and start a fanboy war because of a topic that is based only by personal opinnion.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Guys, I think its a joke thread, the point in the OP is really stupid and there is no need to argue against it, way to atract people and start a fanboy war because of a topic that is based only by personal opinnion.

ok seriously, come on. my original post isnt 'stupid'. you saying that must be against some sort of forum rule, isnt it?

@ bolded: ok, so all those threads discussing whether the ps3 or 360 is a better value over the other is, as you call it, a way to start a fanboy war too? or, according to you, any topic that is based only on personal opinion is a way to start a fanboy war.

avinash habashi said:
Maelstrome said:
another way is to compare you collection of exclusives to your collection of multi platform games.

Every Single Wii And Ps3 Game I Own Is Exclusive. The Only Console That Has Multiplats Is 360.

i know a good bit of people that have mostly multiplat games.  when asked they respond that there are few exclusives that they want.

seems odd to me if you have fewer exclusives for your console of choice. i wont buy games for console that are also on pc.

avinash habashi said:
pastro243 said:

ok seriously, come on. my original post isnt 'stupid'. you saying that must be against some sort of forum rule, isnt it?

@ bolded: ok, so all the those threads discussing whether the ps3 or 360 is a better value over the other is, as you call it, a way to start a fanboy war too? or, according to you, any topic that is based only on personal opinion is a way to start a fanboy war.

The 360 & PS3 have a lot more cross-platform titles. The Wii doesn't have nearly as many because it just doesn't have the horsepower that the other two consoles have.

This article is just stupid, besides the handful of decent rehashed games on the Wii, it's now considered a money taking console with no regards to value. The 360 may need extra tits and bits to get the full experience, but what you pay for is what you want and get and that's value. The PS3 is the same, you pay extra because you want to be able to do more than play games. I see the Wii as a booster pack of Pokemon card's, it's extremely popular, everyone has them, non stop media coverage on the 'toy' and due to all of these factor's Nintendo make's you want more, not because you need another Wii sport, but because you 'think' you need it. I don't need a 'second or third' version of Charzard, but that's what's available and that's what I get. That's how I see the Wii, a console originally developed for innovation but now take's advantage of it's gullible casual audience because its super popular. Plus, on the HD consoles we can play new franchises, what has the Wii offered this gen that can be compared to he like's of Zelda, Metroid and Mario? That's not value, thats legal theft.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

DigitalE said:
avinash habashi said:
pastro243 said:

@ bolded: ok, so all the those threads discussing whether the ps3 or 360 is a better value over the other is, as you call it, a way to start a fanboy war too? or, according to you, any topic that is based only on personal opinion is a way to start a fanboy war.

The 360 & PS3 have a lot more cross-platform titles. The Wii doesn't have nearly as many because it just doesn't have the horsepower that the other two consoles have.

That Doesn't Mean It Isn't A Better Value. People Just Decide To Forget About The Wii When It Comes To These Conversations. I Think The Ps3 Or 360 Having A Lot Of The Same Titles Devalues Them.