By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: New SE RPG for the DS, Dragon Quest IX for PSP

DQ could be ported to PSP, why not?

- Touch controls: I don't really know how much these will play into the game. From what I've been hearing it's going to be a pretty straightforward RPG.

- Two screens: May not make a big difference. I can' t remember seeing any significant usage of the two screens in the pictures I've seen so far.

Personally, I think this would make sense...Square Enix is putting itself in a dangerous position by trying to support every console with a few exclusives instead of porting some games around.

Around the Network

Wait, why are people actually discussing this like it could be true? Oh please. Even I can't imagine this being true and I own a freaking PSP. I love how people get pissed when MGS4 on 360 rumors pop up everywhere, but when something far more ridiculous like this pops up it's suddenly a reasonable rumor.

I hope it happens but why do I care I have a ds and a psp :D

mM
naznatips said:
Wait, why are people actually discussing this like it could be true? Oh please. Even I can't imagine this being true and I own a freaking PSP. I love how people get pissed when MGS4 on 360 rumors pop up everywhere, but when something far more ridiculous like this pops up it's suddenly a reasonable rumor.

I'm still fascinated people would take Game Labo seriously...

Square games dont use at all the DS special features (that are the two screens and the ability to use the stylus ) .

Maybe DQIX can be launched in both handhelds to maximize sales .

It would be great for the PSP .But in a sense it would be a pity ,as the PSP is a great machine for RPG and it would have to inherit the inferior design and graphics of its DS base .

Around the Network

Highly unlikely and pretty much pointless, SE is already forcing the DQ fans to pay attention to the DS on a daily basis with the DQ 4-6 remakes leading into DQ9. Considering the PSP version (ha!) would be inferior since DQ9 is designed for the DS, that would be even less incentive for it to exist...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Double post

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

It's not coming to the PSP. DS sales are already back above the PSP in Japan. The DS will probably kill everything in hardware over the Holidays. Why put an inferior version on the PSP, expecially when Square never does multiplatform for their major RPG series?

I dont RPG usually have very deep controls. Built ground up for DS is the really the only good argument.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Shonen Jump RPG is likely, but expect it here when Jump Superstars is ported here.

As for DQIX, it's not impossible. It would be the first multiplatform release of a major RPG for the company, I think.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs