By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eurogamer Halo ODST review 9/10

disolitude said:
libellule said:
short campaign

"ugly" gfx

""The Halo 3 engine is showing its age, graphically. The game, frankly, is kind of ugly. A fair bit of aliasing, lower-res textures than Halo 3 (that I’ve seen anyway) give the feeling of a game left behind in the GPU arms race.""

and yet, they give it 9.5/10 ... LOL

a 8/10 would have been enought

BS ...

just shows how good the actual gameplay is...

well, for an immersive game like Halo ... gfx matter by their own. Also, Halo is far from being the gameplay "referrence" it was in the past : it is not the only console FPS anymore.

EDIT : the funnier is that the reviewer of the joystick review is an Halo2 addict (see review)

How do you want him to make a fair review ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
disolitude said:
libellule said:
short campaign

"ugly" gfx

""The Halo 3 engine is showing its age, graphically. The game, frankly, is kind of ugly. A fair bit of aliasing, lower-res textures than Halo 3 (that I’ve seen anyway) give the feeling of a game left behind in the GPU arms race.""

BS ...

just shows how good the actual gameplay is...

exactly...

It is an FPS man, just another FPS !!!

explain me how the gameplay can put the game so high ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:
short campaign

"ugly" gfx

BS ...

Hé ho, t'as fini ? (you'r done ? )

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

kowenicki said:
@libellule

GT5... just another driving game... 8 max.

+1 for the most beautifull gfx in console to date and u get 9/10

THX U

you just prove me I was right : 9.5/10 for ODST is just wrong ...

they gave reviewing to Halo fanboy : how do u want to trust them

Time to Work !

Sardauk said:
libellule said:
short campaign

"ugly" gfx

BS ...

Hé ho, t'as fini ? (you'r done ? )

you re right ... let's wait gamekult.com rating

if they give Halo ODST 7/10 I win, if they gave 8/10 I eat my crow
If they gave it 9/10 : I put a Halo ODST signature until the rest of the year ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Halo is a great FPS.. but the scores are ridiculous at times. They have quite a few significant negatives in their review, but it still gets a 9.5? To get things straight, I have played Halo 3, and the gameplay is tight! One day I might pick up an Xbox360 when my wallet allows, but the gameplay is not enough to warrant a 9.5 while ignoring all the other shortcomings. Ignorant at the very least, biased at the very worst. It was understandable that back in the day, when Halo was the only amazing FPS on consoles, it would get showers of praise.. But now we have CoD, Killzone 2, etc.. All of them top notch, polished FPS games.

kowenicki said:
@dabuddah

you had a point until you mentioned killzone 2... in gameplay it isnt in the same ball park.

While i agree with you... that isn't technically true.

Gameplay depends on personal preference.

One feature that Halo far outshines Killzone 2 though, without any doubt... Content.

DaBuddahN said:
Halo is a great FPS.. but the scores are ridiculous at times. They have quite a few significant negatives in their review, but it still gets a 9.5? To get things straight, I have played Halo 3, and the gameplay is tight! One day I might pick up an Xbox360 when my wallet allows, but the gameplay is not enough to warrant a 9.5 while ignoring all the other shortcomings. Ignorant at the very least, biased at the very worst. It was understandable that back in the day, when Halo was the only amazing FPS on consoles, it would get showers of praise.. But now we have CoD, Killzone 2, etc.. All of them top notch, polished FPS games.

thx you too

you are support my point like kowenicki

except that you do it in purpose lol

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:
@linbellule

+1.5 for the best multiplayer and best (re)playability in any FPS and the new firefight mode.

THX U

sorry free claim dont count ...

Halo 3 has not the best multiplayer, CoD4 say "hi !"

Also, we should put a -1 for the short campaign ... it makes a solid 7.5-8/10 ...that is ok to me

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:
@dabuddah

you had a point until you mentioned killzone 2... in gameplay it isnt in the same ball park.

:/ Excuse me for liking Killzone 2. Despite this fact, my point still stands whether you like it or not. There are other to notch FPS games out there, which do things as good as Halo while having better graphics and a longer single player campaign than Halo: ODST. In my opinion, if everything this review says it true... the game should get an 8.5 at most. The game isn't ground-breaking like the original Halo franchise was, and it certainly isn't representative of graphics capable by the current HD consoles (Killzone 2... yeah, I said it again).