By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 will NOT fall under 200k WW the rest of this generation

arcane_chaos said:
so far, so good! PS3 is a beast!

Fo' sho...keep looking back at the numbers....

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

WOW markers prediction is OWNAGE.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Was the PS3 ever selling so poorly that 200K per week is a feat?

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Was the PS3 ever selling so poorly that 200K per week is a feat?

Why yes there was a point were 200k in a given week for the ps3 was an outstanding feat.

Its been consistant since the price drop and looks pretty good this week again! (300k)

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

Does it still hold true?

Dude, the drop was made in September before the holidays... now, it's a new year... shoulda thought about that.... I hope a lot of people who want PS3s have birthdays coming up really soon... for your sake.

when did it sell below 200k?

It hasnt sold below 200k since Slim Launch. But it will fall under 200k definetly. Just look at this week.

78k in NA it will be hard for the PS3 to cross 200k this week again even though I think it will make it. But it will fall definetly under 200k in the slowest period.

This week it could be 80k NA 25K Jap and 100k Others. But 25k every week in Japan is unlkely last year it was between 8k and 15k in the slowest time of the year.

Americas+Japan is 104k this week. Others would need to see a relatively large dropoff to fall below 200k so it looks like this week is in the bag. Next week will probably see HW rise in Japan so it looks like this prediction is in the clear for at least 2 more weeks. If it can make it past next week I'd say it will probably hold true until the end of the quarter. Although obviously this prediction is going to fail eventually. Some time in the summer at the absolute latest.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4