By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this the worst Wii holidays ever???

patjuan32 said:
superchunk said:
It really depends on your likes, but there is definitely more than 1 good gaming coming out.

I plan on getting Silent Hill, NSMBWii, and WiiFit+. Maybe MPTrilogy as well as a couple WiiWare games.

I would get WSR, but I refuse to buy a WM+ separately so I'm waiting for Red Steel 2 to buy them both together.

You could just buy WSR and Tiger Woods 10. That would allow you to accomplish your task sooner. Just a thought.

Note: you do not have to enjoy golf games. Just buy the game to get motion plus and sell the game back to gamestop or ebgames.

I did consider that... But, I don't need WSR right now. I'd rather spend the money on other games. I mostly just want RS2.

Around the Network

Compared to the amount of games I bought last year for the Wii at this time (zero), this year is better. I'll be picking up Muramasa, Valhalla Knights, NSMB Wii, & maybe FFCC Crystal Bearers before years end. Silent Hill & CoD 4 may get some love.

Expand your taste in games and you shall be rewarded.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

It's the strong holiday season Nintendo has had for third party content since the SNES days, hands down.

It is softer for first party offerings, mainly because NOA is basically sitting on Sin & Punishment 2, which they could have released this holiday season if they really wanted to (Japan is getting it). Oh well. New 2D Mario on a console with multiplayer does not happen every day.

Stop whining and (gasp) try buying a third party game for a change, like 360 or PS3 owners do.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers
Dead Space: Extraction
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Maramusa: The Demon Blade
Rabbids Go Home
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
Spyborgs

A Boy And His Blob
TMNT: Smash Up
Sky Crawlers

Are all exclusive to the Wii and all coming in the fall shopping season (Sept-Dec). Give some of those games a shot.

Nintendo has not had that many decent looking exclusives in one holiday season from 3rd parties in a long, long time (not in the N64 or GCN or current Wii era).

Anybody who thinks NSMB is the only good game coming to the Wii this holiday needs to do one of three things imo: Expand their view past Nintendo games, Keep tract of their console(wii specifically) more often, or just give up on the Wii. This is obviously excluding people who don't own the console, and have no reason to know what games it has.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii > Wii Music + Animal Crossing: City Folk

fact.

Around the Network

I'm still not even caught up on the games that came out over summer, MP Trilogy and WSR in particular. I just don't have the money to be throwing around on a ton of games. NSMB Wii, Wii Fit+, WSR, FF Crystal Chronicles, and MP Trilogy will be more than enough to keep me busy throughout the holiday. I kinda wish Red Steel 2 would come out this year but other than that I got no complaints.

Silent Hill and Final Fantasy Cystal bearers all looks pretty sweet, i admit. But as for the rest?

Spyborgs - I guess the few brave enough to buy it will feel pretty stupid as son as they get home. There´s nothing on this game aside from the better-than-average-wii-game graphics

TMNT Smash-Up - Same as above. Dont lie to yourself. You know its true. There´s not a single reason in this world to spend 50 bucks in a Smash Bros clone with Michellangelo playing the Luigi part.

Resident Evil DC and Dead Space Extraction - "Alright, look how scary my game is! Yeah, check this jump scare part! Neat, right? Now play it 10 times more for a best score and see if it still scary..."

DJ Hero - MORE plastic instruments? NO THANK YOU!

Family Fun Football - Will somebody really give any money for this? I can give a few papperclips and my erasers collection (collection made of two itens)

NBA 2K10 - Look.. i dont wanna be the negativity guy, but... you know this will suck! You all saw the other NBA game on the wii, right? You all remember how sad it was, right?

Mario & Sonic at the Winter Games - jesus... havent we learned anything?

Ju-On: The Grudge - I had hope. I read the previews. I dont have hope anymore

Avatar - "I swear! This movie to game tie in will not suck!" yeah, i heard that before. And nope, it ALWAYS sucks (except speed racer, better than the movie!)

Band Hero - Oh yeah! Just what we need! ANOTHER guitar hero game!!!! What´s the hook this time? An all-Limp-Bizkit set list???? I know, an All Lady Gaga setlist, you play the playback machine with your plastic guitar: green start playback, red stops it. We have a hit in our hands!

CoD: Modern Warfare: Reflex - I will probably like it better than the PC version which i hated. The vast majority of people will complain about the graphics. Nobody will be happy in the end of the day

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo - Buy, play for ten minutes, feel stupid. Im sorry, but that´s the sad truth.

LEGO anything - Just die, LEGO. Shallow and horrible games. Bonanza Brothers was much more of a game than all this LEGO horror!

Need for Speed Nitro - THIS one looks pretty great, actually! Im serious! cant wait! November, right? 

Tony Hawk RIDE - Yeah, im gonna pay 100 bucks to ruin the floor.

Shaun White 2 - I dont have a balance board. The first one wasnt very good (at least without the board) dont have too much of a reason to come back

We had a good year. Mad World, The Conduit, Dawn of Discovery, metroid trilogy, Wii Sports Resort... There was a lot of good stuff running around, and a lot im still need to get.

But this holiday season... nah, WEAK!

Looks like every good game slipped to 2010!

I think you guys have some skewed expectations or views of the past .... please name me a Nintendo holiday season where Nintendo had like 4 or 5 big exclusive releases?

Generally, even in the SNES days you'd get 1 BIG Nintendo release, with maybe 1 smaller one, and a few good third party games.

The GameCube never had one holiday season with this many third party exclusives. Neither did the N64. The Wii sure as hell has not. These are the "core" releases Nintendo has put out for the last few "fall shopping seasons"

2003 - 

Mario Kart: Double Dash, 1080 Avalanche

2004 - 

Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2

2005 - 

Super Mario Strikers (terrible year)

2006 -

Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck

2007 -

Super Mario Galaxy

2008 -

Animal Crossing: City Folk

2009 -

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

How is this year, which has like several decent third party projects worse off than previous years? 

NSMB + Final Fantasy: CB + Silent Hill + Maramusa alone >>>>> 2008. 

You're serious, aren't you.

You really managed to dismiss all of those games out of hand for no particular reason.

It's pretty bad. Not one must own game for me. Not even one I want a little.