By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dissidia VGChartz players

EncodedNybble said:
ultimate...weapons?

I guess I am not there yet. Do you just have to be max level or do you need to get all sorts of stuff to trade for the ultimates?

Yes, there are unique weapons for each character. They start at Level 50 or so, and go all the way to level 100, those are the ultimate weapons. Normally, one of the hardest items to get for those weapons are the Orb type of synthesis items, which will have you fighting Maximum AI lvl 105 enemies, to have a 2.5% chance for them to drop a Orb when you do a Brv Break attack. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

no prob... time for a nap, good night

know what sucks? I have a perfectly fast connection, but I can't play online
only because Sony wants to trick me into buying a PS3

or is it square? anyway...fail..

I really wanna fight people...

@deathcape

Well, there's also a PC way to do it, albeit it's much more complex and requires some outside investment on a USB wireless pen in order to use it.

I think it's more an issue of if Sony launches a similar system for the PSP, although it is really complicated, as the PSP is wireless only, and Ad-Hoc Play for the PS3 and Xlink Kai for the PC require a basic cable connection. Plus, PSP has issues recognizing certain wireless encryptions, thus it would render it unplayable for people who have WEP or WPA-Enterprise encryptions.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@deathcape

It's more square IMO (and very very minor for Sony). Square decided to not have infrastructure mode.

But...you should have a PS3 anyway ;)

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
@deathcape

It's more square IMO (and very very minor for Sony). Square decided to not have infrastructure mode.

But...you should have a PS3 anyway ;)

As much as I try convincing people to get a PS3, sadly for me, it IS their own decision... but maybe Sony will come up with an idea how to solve this problem once the PSP2 releases. Ot they just make some downloadable thingy that makes it possible to play games that do not have a internet-online mode (Dissidia has an Online-Mode that isn't quite online) online. SE could make a downloadable content for players who want to play Dissidia online...

I really don't get why they didn't include a normal online mode at the beginning. But for me it would be out of question since I do not have WLAN at home, because my walls block everything... I can't even call someone with my mobilephone from the inside of my house. This is why I am using a 40 meter Lan-Cable.

@stefl1504

It's pretty simple really.

When the PSP released (hell even with the PS3 released) the PSN wasn't as developed as it is now and thus, for PSP games back in the day to have online (as opposed to ad-hoc), the developer needed to bear all the load.

What I mean by that is they need to think of what packets to send, what ID to have people use, run servers, maintain those servers, how to deal with authentication, etc. It's kind of a pain.

With the PSN in full swing now I believe Sony gives devs some standard APIs for use for authentication and we now all have a ID we can use for all games. This stuff just didn't exist for the PSN in 2005. So, we can only get "real" online via the infrastructure mode which is more stressful to devs and probably not worth it for most of them.

anyway: I've been playing DFF again, since I got my PSP back

I'm learning to block more now: I used to always dodge since it's safer

but blocking is needed for squall to punish with HP attacks

and it's going better, I'll be uploading some new vids soon

edit: btw...forgot to tell you guys: I got Squall at lv 100 and WoL also

my friend will be leveling Cloud and Sephi and from there on we'll see

but it's all cool

I HATE how Cloud is amazingly well-rounded...there is really no reason to pick Squall at all

even Sephiroth has way more options than Squall

and playing WoL I've noticed how amazing Brz--->HP attacks are...they are devastating and it's best to chip away at someone's HP with them

something Squall can't do...I just have to hope for a damn opening...ugh thus: I started learning to block. wich BTW is the hardest thing in this game

yeah.. been about a couple months or so since i've played dissidia
last time i've played i was still tryna get tidus, cloud, and squall's ultimate weapons... for some reason i'm missing their 2nd level exclusive weapons.. weird as i've pretty much gotten all others' ultimate weapons
i think i'm still missing a couple of lufenian weapons also

AND i'm excited as i'm getting a ps3 around two weeks
i'm pretty excited about PSP smart phone also; i hope it's connected to sony ericsson - i like sony ericsson phones
yey!

i have a lot to catch up on (games), and now
i'm contemplating on purchasing xbox 360 as well but that's another story

@deathcape
squall is still the best for me; his revolver drive is timing sensitive and is useless in midair but when it connects it is just fun to watch
it's unfortunate squall does not have BRV to HP attack; other than that though he's awesome

also, in terms of jecht
it's weird cuz he doesn't have a BRV to HP attack (as far as i know) but after playing against a computer midair he can pull a BRV attack and suddenly swith to HP and before u can even recover he's hit u with the HP attack
i don't know.. i have not been able to manage to even do that..

can anybody pull that off?