By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - WHO NEEDS BLURAY? Finally! You Can Buy Movies From Xbox Live Marketplace.

I have been waiting for this feature for so long, and in a little while it will be a reality.

Movies in full 1080p with surround sound.

I got the email saying:

Zune Video Marketplace is about to become available on Xbox 360. So you'll be able to rent or buy HD movies and stream or download them to watch through your Xbox 360.

http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zuneonxbox/default.htm

The Zune website is down now due to schedule maintenance, you can see it for yourself here at the official site.

http://www.zune.net/

To me downloading Movies is quicker, cheaper and more convinient than buying movies on disk, and since we are talking about HD movies we all know that is bluray.

DISCUSS!

Around the Network

I am soooo excited for this! Also, how am I reading a post by someone who shows ZERO posts? I mean, shouldn't they have one?

Well,good for xbox. But I'm sorry to say that a lotta people still like their HD movies on discs which they will obviously choose bluray therefore MS needs to figure something else out

Good use for my new 250gbs of HDD space. I'll use netflix for shows and some movies but buy the must-own ones.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

So do they plan to let us take the movies off of the 360 and if so, how?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@blackops

a matter of time.... i was SO against music downloads up until late last year... now I will never buy another cd's.

movies will follow soon enough.

well, if the downloads can be watched on other devices then it's good. But if it's like the PSN where I can only watch on psp and ps3 then it would make no difference to a lotta ppl. Majority of people like to be able to watch their movies elsewhere apart from their houses

kowenicki said:
@blackops

a matter of time.... i was SO against music downloads up until late last year... now I will never buy another cd's.

movies will follow soon enough.

This argument fails in 1 regard.

Digital music is convenient and the consumer wanted it. I can take my digital music anywhere easily and play it over friends houses on their speaker system or to any room in my house. I can quickly copy my digital music to my MP3 player and carry it around to wherever I need it and plug it into most stereos with a 1/8" jack.

Digital movies are locked down and impossible for me to transfer to a friends house to play on their home theater system. I can take my disc with me wherever I want easily. I could also move a disc from my bedroom to my basement and play it in both locations easily. Essentially, someone needs to create a device that costs ~$100-200 that can store all my movies and will fit in my pocket and can extremely easily be plugged into any TV.

CD's obviously still sell and finally have been beaten by digital distribution, but the market still supports them. It will be a very very long time for digital distribution to outsell discs for movies if they don't solve the convenience problem.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

twesterm said:
So do they plan to let us take the movies off of the 360 and if so, how?

My guess is they pimp the Zune, but dang you'd fill 16 or 32 gigabytes with the quickness.

1 point :

VOD is the future

but seriously, for most of the people ... it is only the future ...

see u in 5 years

Time to Work !

libellule said:
1 point :

VOD is the future

but seriously, for most of the people ... it is only the future ...

see u in 5 years

Nice comment! +1

I now hate the French just a little less. (I joking, I joking)