By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need Help + Rant about Xbox360 Controlers

A gen or two ago is when most games were played with the D-pad. That's when the position of the left analogue stick on the Dual Analog controller for the PS1 made sense. Now most games are played with the left stick rather than the D-pad, so to me the position of the left stick on the 360 controller makes perfect sense.

Around the Network
DaSimkin said:

What is up with the Xbox360 controlers?  they are *TERRIBLE*.  They are a little on the big side.. i can live with that.. but their "D-Pad", well, it is UNUSABLE.  And the stick? very inaccurate!  When playing pac man CE the controler is the reason i die at last 70% of the time.  Maybe it takes getting used to, but holy crap it's really quite inaccurate compared to both the ps3 controler and the gamecube controlers (and the classic controlers for the wii).

Does anyone know of a GOOD 3rd party controler for the xbox360?  I picked up one of those Street Fighter IV controlers, but it isn't much better (at least for the game at had, Pac Man CE, it is worse).

Get yourself a good joystick.  It's great for all the old arcade games, and you'll have something for fighting games as well. 

Besides the D-pad I love the 360 controller.  The triggers are fantastic, I prefer the layout, and it has a nice weight to it.  Give it some time and you'll appreciate it more.

dsister44 said:
I think it could. All you need for the Xbox controler to work with the PC is a little bit of software. As long as you have it this should work as well

But you could have just taken the money and bought me ODST

lol...yeah, buying you ODST would be a lot cheaper for me actualy cause here we have trade 3 get ODST free deal at EB games. Games have to be worth more than 8 dollar trade in. I traded Halo 3, FEAR (bought for 10) and Dead rising(bought for 14)...

But I don't think my freinds would be impressed with that as much as this adapter :)

matt247 said:
360 controllers are the best. And your hands must be small, I like the size of the duke controller the best.

I agree with everything Matt247 said. Long live the DUKE!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Barozi said:
360 controller is one of the best ever made.
The only thing that could be better is the D-Pad. Anything else is top-notch

Yeah, I'm gonna have to throw the " Thats your opinion" card. I cant stand the 360 controller.......at all. The Playstation controller has always been the best controller for me. Didnt like the GC, Wii or the Xbox/360 controllers. I dont like the D-pad placement, triggers or overall feel. Its the main reason I wont buy a 360.

Around the Network
darendt said:
Barozi said:
360 controller is one of the best ever made.
The only thing that could be better is the D-Pad. Anything else is top-notch

Yeah, I'm gonna have to throw the " Thats your opinion" card. I cant stand the 360 controller.......at all. The Playstation controller has always been the best controller for me. Didnt like the GC, Wii or the Xbox/360 controllers. I dont like the D-pad placement, triggers or overall feel. Its the main reason I wont buy a 360.

That is a bad excuse   

I feel for you, i really like the controller , but i have a recurring problems with buttons in my main controller the Y and A seem to get a bit stuck at times and respond slower after, i fix it by hitting the controller repeatedly but its a bit annoying.

And the d-pad is just horrible , playing street fighter was so frustrating at the beginning, and i swear i nearly got blisters from this game after a while it was better, but i still dont get why the D-Pad was made so shit.

"We can't say for sure why you'd want to use a PlayStation 3 controller with your Xbox 360, but if you somehow prefer the Batwing over something that's actually comfortable to hold, there's this"

From the website Dsister44 LOL

Having both consoles the 360 controller is bar far the best (IMO).

I have posted in these same threads and every single time it honestly just boils down to opinion. The PS3's awesome D-pad can not make up for its uncomfortable, small design and poorly placed bumper, trigger buttons. My 360 controller just feels more natural.

If only I could get the PS3 D-pad......ahhhh......a match made in heaven.

matt247 said:
360 controllers are the best. And your hands must be small, I like the size of the duke controller the best.

Am i the only guy who thought of this burger king commercial?

ot:  the 360 is on the large side. it always reminded me of dreamcast controls