By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Exclusiveness is being discussed.

The development cost of the plays exploded, it becomes difficult to have exclusivenesses, except our own plays. But we will have as of launching 30 plays, of which Motorstorm, Resistance or Virtua Fighter. Moreover, we await 200 plays from here the end of 2007. Lastly, for Final Fantasy XIII, I can say to you that exclusiveness is under discussion
Source in French And the full interview in English (using Babel Fish translation)
DNA: How is the launching of the PS3 announced? G.F.: For France, the meters are with the green. We recorded not far from 60 000 reservations against 40 000 Xbox 360 and 75 000 Wii sold at the time of the respective launching of these consoles. Those which said that the console is too expensive are for their expenses: in France, the PS3, it is already a success. And we intend to avoid the phenomena of shortage: we will put on the European market a million PS3, including more than 150 000 in France. - It is said that this console is sold with loss by Sony. It is a reality? - Yes. The official figures do not lie: we will lose 2 billion euros on a world level this year. But that is accepted, because it is a bet on the future, we intend to earn money on the plays and the accessories. We had lost 500 million euros, already, at the time of the launching of the PS2. - Sony removed on the European version of the PS3 the chipset allowing the retrocompatibility with plays PS2 and replaced by a software of emulation which will not read all the older plays. A reaction? - Attention, it will not act of a total and final incompatibility. We will put on line a site where the compatible plays will be listed. Now, if you ask to me whether it is a bad blow for launching, I would say that one would have done better to be sure that the console would be completely rétrocompatible before announcing it. But good, when the PS3 shows its capacities, the players will not want too any more to play to the PS2... - Remainder that you arrive on the market after the competition, and which it will be necessary to convince, quickly. You can count on strong plays, exclusivenesses? And quid of Final Fantasy XIII? - the development cost of the plays exploded, it becomes difficult to have exclusivenesses, except our own plays. But we will have as of launching 30 plays, of which Motorstorm, Resistance or Virtua Fighter. Moreover, we await 200 plays from here the end of 2007. Lastly, for Final Fantasy XIII, I can say to you that exclusiveness is under discussion. - is A the arrival, it a good year which is announced for SCE? - What is sure, for us, it is that 2007 will be one record year by cumulating sales PSP, PS2 and PS3. And that should continue to progress. Last year, the market of the video game climbed of 15 % whereas the music and video lowered it. According to our estimates, the market videoludic should double between 2005 and 2010. That wants to say that there is place for three... even if it is to always better do the race at the head.
IF FFXIII goes multiplatform what's next?

Around the Network

THIS..........................................REALLY..........................SUCKS............................................ FOR...................................... THE................................................... PS3................................this would hurt PS3 sale in NA more than Japan, because alot of people in Japan have a PS3 for various games so they will get this while in NA there's alot of people I know waiting for this game, more than half of them wish it was coming out on the 360 so they would have to pay extra.

gamingdevil said: IF FFXIII goes multiplatform what's next?
noone buy it on xbox360 in japan, that is what. =)) Final Fantasy X Publisher: SquareSoft Platform: PlayStation 2 Release Date: Jul 19, 2001 Release Region: Japan http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php?date=37094 Final Fantasy X Square 1 1,906,250 73 175,250 (+77%) 5,123,750 (now only about 800k, when the game will be released probably will be 2-3 mln.) Publisher: SquareSoft Platform: PlayStation 2 Release Date: Dec 17, 2001 Release Region: North America http://www.vgcharts.org/amonthly.php?date=37226 Final Fantasy X Square 1 819,000 2,121,750 8,128,500 (now it has ~1,4 mln., when the game will be released, probably 8 mln too). so what is the point of realeasing it on xbox360? like 8 mln. users of xbox360 in usa by that time will buy that game?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

i don't think it'll happen mainly because the 360 isn't selling in Japan. If the Wii was a more powerful system i think they would consider putting it on the Wii. However, they certainly could make them some money in North America and Europe if they do put it on the 360.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I am actually expecting a Wii-version announced within E3 in July. Is it a dream, maybe but Square likes to reelase their games on the system with the biggest userbase and come December that will be the Wii

Around the Network

Alacrist said: THIS..........................................REALLY..........................SUCKS............................................ FOR...................................... THE................................................... PS3................................this would hurt PS3 sale in NA more than Japan, because alot of people in Japan have a PS3 for various games so they will get this while in NA there's alot of people I know waiting for this game, more than half of them wish it was coming out on the 360 so they would have to pay extra.
the final fantasys that come out exculsivly on every console and handheld AND kingdom hearts is all the PS3 really has. they start making all the FF for every console, then all that would have to happen is PS3 lose kingdom hearts exclusivly (which is a slight possibility) to literally be dead. although it may be better than the 360 it would not have any sinificant games over it and its price is obviously way too much. if this happened, and GTA was released for the Wii, both consoles could be in trouble. 360 would have halo, Wii would have many 1st party platformers, and the PS3 would have... what?

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

God of war maybe , Gran turismo i think this gen will be decided by first party games . The idea of exclusives is done for good way too expensive to concentrate on one console given the budgets for games nowadays .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

jmcoo7 said: God of war maybe , Gran turismo
you may be right. although i cannot really speak on this matter, having never played either of the 2 series (i know, GASP!) but didnt the last gran turismo get horrible reviews? and either way, are those 2 games enough? they are the big boy games. are they worth the 600 bucks plus the 60 bucks for them?

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Not those two alone but given the size of Sonys development team ballooning it could make a big difference . Again it all depends on quality of titles i thought the last Gt which averaged 89.1 was pretty good . only time will tell i think this generation of video consoles will take quite a while to unfold .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Narfer said: jmcoo7 said: God of war maybe , Gran turismo you may be right. although i cannot really speak on this matter, having never played either of the 2 series (i know, GASP!) but didnt the last gran turismo get horrible reviews? and either way, are those 2 games enough? they are the big boy games. are they worth the 600 bucks plus the 60 bucks for them?
The last Gran Turismo got like 9.4 by IGN and i think 8.9 by gamespot. And those aren't the only ones, there's MotorStorm, Resistance, Uncharted, Eight Days, Lair, Monster Hunter, and most of the GTA fanbase is on the playstation side.