By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT PSP wasn't "rushed" - It's was in development for 5 years.

'nuff said really. I saw numerous people posting in the GT PSP review thread that is was most likely rushed in favour of GT5. You guys do realise that GT PSP has been in developmenl for 5 years right?

Around the Network

Proof?...

Yeah they spent 5 years making a PSP game... obviously it was put on hold.

@fobbles

it wasnt in dev for 5 years at all

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Of course it was put on hold, but it was in development for 5 years. There's no way it can be said it was rushed Proof? Just have a look on google, there's countless assertions from PD that it's still in development from years back.

I do worry about people memories sometimes! GT PSP was on the cards before the PSP even came out. To say it was rushed is ludicrous.

Around the Network

They call it "development hell" don't they, something like that.

i dont think most people are saying it was rushed. I think they were/are saying it was slightly neglected due to the simultaneous dev of GT5.

The reasons its getting poor reviews isnt because it is incomplete or the gameplay is broken. It was just bad choices from the dev's to include 4 cars on the track, no career mode and no unlockables.

Those arent rushed flaws, theyre judgment flaws. Perhaps made from lack of focus on said title

a psp gran turismo has been announced since the psp launched. That doesn't mean anything though. The only thing that matters is how long they were actually working on the title. For instance, if I said I was going to clean my room 2 weeks ago but only got around to it today and it took me 2 hours to clean, it took me 2 hours to clean my room, not 2 weeks.

PS3 Trophies

I really hope people aren't pretending that they just pulled this game out of their ass.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

By the sound of things most criticisms are down to silly design decisions, not "rushing". It does seem likely that the PSP was seen as the "crappy" version no-one wanted to work on, whilst all the attention went onto the PS3 game.