By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

PS3 = 57K = BAD
360= 4K= GOOD

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
PS3 = 57K = Very BAD
360(with a price cut)= 4K= Very GOOD

Fixed.

psrock said:
PS3 = 57K = BAD
360= 4K= GOOD

Over time, you can convince someone that 2+2 = 5, as stated by George Orwell.  Around here, I'm afraid the PS3 will always be a failure and doomed no matter what.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

koffieboon said:
haxxiy said:
Just so you guys can compare, PS3 sold 43k on its second week with a drop of 50% compared to it's first week. Wii sold 97k on its second week with a drop of 73%.

Those were limited by supply though, so not really a good comparison.

PS3 definitely didn't sell out on its Japanese launch. Hard to find maybe, but supply limited no.

Wii had 400k shipped for pre-orders alone and sold like 470k on it's first ten days. It would be retarded to think Nintendo not supplied the marked with another shipment that week.

57,000 seems like a good number to me on i't second week, i know alot of people thought it would be much lower. Hopefully this can be the beginning of an HD console resurgence in Japan

Around the Network
Bladeforce said:
under 15k in another 2 weeks

I doubt its going to sell more than the Wii in two weeks.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:
Bladeforce said:

What do you think it'll look like in 2 weeks, you think under 15k too...?

Well, I expect 50% nose dive each week until Sony Kills it, probably by December 17th.

Next Gen 

CGI-Quality said:
psrock said:
Bladeforce said:

What do you think it'll look like in 2 weeks, you think under 15k too...?

I think he means Nintendo will have a price cut in Japan in two weeks.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

not bad its still higher than the wii and 360 combined and it should be around 40-50k in its 3rd week and still be higher than the wii +360

ToV releases for the ps3 then and the source said ToV could hit 250k 1st week so it could keep HW from dropping much in its 3rd week

@ rafichamp hope ur write but thers no HW bundle like other games the ps3 has had that increased HW wen SW was released

Play Me

I'm thinking 32-38K next week for PS3 in Japan

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)