By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii price drop confirmed??

Trolling? How so? Im sure they are going to do what ever they can to win the generation, and a $99 price will do it

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Trolling? How so? Im sure they are going to do what ever they can to win the generation, and a $99 price will do it

nah, not yet. That'll be the launch of Natal.

maybe trestres will be happy now

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Not sure a $50 difference will make much difference. What they need is games and a Wii Sports Resort bundle and a NSMBWii bundle when it gets released.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

leo-j said:

When has a console ever went from $199 to $99 in one cut? I've never heard of such a thing.

Next Arcade price is gonna be $179, or maybe $149.

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
darthdevidem01 said:
wow......this battle just got MUCH more interesting

Really?

It was going to win the holidays anyway, so how has this made things "MUCH more interesting"?

lol this.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if $50 price difference makes a huge difference in sales. Nevertheless I still predict Wii will dominate Christmas with or without.

It would be nice but I need an official confirmation before I believe. It could be Toys'r'us only.
If it true I still hopes that they will release some bundles. Wii incl. Wii Sports, Resort and NSMB Wii would be an amazing package for the holiday.

Slimebeast said:
leo-j said:

When has a console ever went from $199 to $99 in one cut? I've never heard of such a thing.

Next Arcade price is gonna be $179, or maybe $149.

A $99 Arcade unit seems possible especially considering the expensive accessories and Live Gold accounts. But $150 is more likely.

I'm not so sure that it'll make much of a difference, at the most it will simply restore them to what is considered normal sales for them, I think PS3 still has the most momentum going into this holiday season.