By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Wii price cut evidence

I think Maelstrom has the blue ocean a bit off. It doesn't mean never drop your price. It means find the sweet price and then keep it. Nintendo just might find $250 isn't their sweet price with the Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Perhaps it would do well, but I still say it was not the other consoled that would cause this. It would simply be the mainstream finally thinking the price was just a little too high.

Wii Sports is now inferior to Resort. It may no longer be valued at $250. The smart move is to put resot in the package for $250, as it would be reasonably priced then. I'm not sold this is the best move. But, I'm not well versed on Blue Ocean, expecially in the subject of price.

With a typical product (rather than hardware that makes use of software), that's precisely the kind of thing that would be done with Blue Ocean Strategy, possibly charging slightly more for the WSR bundle than the original SKU but not necessarily. Theoretically as an entertainment/software company they can avoid having to do this, but it's a good idea really. Wii Sports is almost redundant, and having M+ in the box is good for getting developers confident about making M+ games. Many were expecting them to do this when WSR was coming out.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Nintendojo claims that it's virtually confirmed.

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1253311668

effective Sunday, September 27th, and will likely include retailers nationwide. The confirmation was made during a retailer conference call today where a Nintendojo staffer was in attendance.