By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft creating Home rival?

ssj12 said:
W29 said:
Enlightment said:
It's sounds they are following the footsteps of SOny.

HD, Wi-fi, Maybe nxt-gen storage space, HOME, what more?

No they are not following Sony but rather making a program to compete against Home.im sorry but that

im sorry but that is following in one's footsteps if you copy their ideas and use them in your own design. Hopefully Sony has enough copyrights on Home to sue the crap out of Microsoft if this is real. Microsoft really deserves it after making a faulty console and trying to standardize pirating software. 

lol....lol.....................lol

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Although I think the whole virtual world idea isn't that good, Microsoft has a huge advantage in making this a far more interesting and useful service.

In theory Microsoft can produce a virtual world that works on the XBox 360, PC, PDAs and mobile phones in such a way that it integrates with MSN messenger and XBox Live. If it was free (or low enough cost) they would have the benefit of generating far more interest because it already would work on platforms that people owned.

no.. they will charge like its rumored that they are considering charging for the XP Service Pack 3. 

and thats how Microsoft makes money, and consumers are still buying Windows made PC's!!!

BILL GATES CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!!

Well, if Microsoft treats this like everything Microsoft does, they'll make a somewhat lower quality version of home and everyone will end up using it instead of home in the end.

W29 said:
ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Although I think the whole virtual world idea isn't that good, Microsoft has a huge advantage in making this a far more interesting and useful service.

In theory Microsoft can produce a virtual world that works on the XBox 360, PC, PDAs and mobile phones in such a way that it integrates with MSN messenger and XBox Live. If it was free (or low enough cost) they would have the benefit of generating far more interest because it already would work on platforms that people owned.

no.. they will charge like its rumored that they are considering charging for the XP Service Pack 3.

and thats how Microsoft makes money, and consumers are still buying Windows made PC's!!!

Bill Gates = retired, Steve Balman or whatever is CEO now. Gates is still chairmen though. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
W29 said:
ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Bill Gates = retired, Steve Balman or whatever is CEO now. Gates is still chairmen though. 

Again BILL GATES THE CHAIRMAN OF MICROSOFT CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!

Around the Network

... if this will happen than I see some really powerfull counterargue against MS from Sony fans :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
... if this will happen than I see some really powerfull counterargue against MS from Sony fans :P

It already happened.

W29 said:
ssj12 said:
W29 said:
ssj12 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Again BILL GATES THE CHAIRMAN OF MICROSOFT CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!

true.. but what i was getting at is that he doesnt make the important decisions anymore, he only has a vote in it not deciding factor in business affairs like he used to.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I like the Wii approach. Create a VC and release 1000s of old games on it and also create a section for new games. The Wii version sounds more simple and just plain better. I only used Second Life like 3 times because it sucked and is a complete waste of time (time I could use to play games).

That said, Xbox Live is likely already as good as anything Sony makes because it focuses on games.  Whatever Microsoft does, it will likely be better than Sony's version in the end.  Sony talks a good game about stuff but look at the videogames for more evidence.  Often times, games either come out 1st on 360 or look better than PS3.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

This is the first decision of Microsoft's that I don't like in this generation.

Home is way misguided and overhyped and if Microsoft is truely cloning it then I think that they are going in the wrong direction.

The only feature that Microsoft does not have on 360 that I want is the Internet browser. Sony can go home with the rest of the features.