By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Secret World Might Be Microsoft's Killer App

I'll probably try it at least for a couple weeks. Though I have questions like how is character growth going to work without leveling? Items help character growth but you still need to be able to gain skills and grow physically/magically over time. A game with no growth ends up not consuming time, which ends up not having much retention.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
It's not a killer app.

1. It's not got good grafix
2. Its MMO
3. Its theme and setting is tired

I perdict 250k tops, if it ever comes out on X360. ('member that Conan was planned for X360 by the same developer but is canned)

1. It looks great from an artistic prespective

2. You obviously aren't the MMO type guy

3. Its theme and setting are original, it looks almost nothing like previous MMOs besides basic structure

While it may be a great game in its own right, I just don't see a console MMO ever becoming a "killer app." I think the market is just too niche on consoles.

Enough said.

themanwithnoname said:

I'm liking the sounds of this, and yet it sounds so different than the trailer they showed last week. Also, I've never tried MMOs before, but I would for this game. I'm gonna need someone to educate me about them.

As for killer apps, doesn't Microsoft have two lined up for next year already (Halo: Reach and Fable III)?

And Splinter Cell, and Crackdown 2, and .....

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
It's not a killer app.

1. It's not got good grafix
2. Its MMO
3. Its theme and setting is tired

I perdict 250k tops, if it ever comes out on X360. ('member that Conan was planned for X360 by the same developer but is canned)

Since when did a killer app have to have good graphics?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

looks promising indeed, will keep my eye on it. thanks @cgi-quality for the info about the game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

JaggedSac said:
themanwithnoname said:

I'm liking the sounds of this, and yet it sounds so different than the trailer they showed last week. Also, I've never tried MMOs before, but I would for this game. I'm gonna need someone to educate me about them.

As for killer apps, doesn't Microsoft have two lined up for next year already (Halo: Reach and Fable III)?

... Mass Effect 2, and .... 

Yeah i hope this appeals to people.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

De85 said:
JaggedSac said:
themanwithnoname said:

... Mass Effect 2, and .... 

.... Alan Wake, and...

damn great games for us next year...

anyways on topic we'll see how things go, i've never played a MMO before, i'll take more interest if they plan to release it on the 360...