By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo market value tops 10 trillion yen on Wii

TWRoO said:
it wasn't tha long ago that nintendo passed Canon to become the 2nd most valuable Japanese company, so mitsubishi financial must have risen faster than Nintendo.

Mitsubishi didn't get counted because they were not traded at the stock market at that time.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Hahaha... Nintendo could catch Toyota...

At their low point, I think Nintendo was valued at only $12-14B... That was just 3 or 4 years ago... Anyone who bought back then should end up making 1000%...

And even though they may be "overvalued," it isn't like that's uncommon with tech stocks... Compare them to Google, Apple and Microsoft instead of Toyoto if you want...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Whoooaw... Nintendo entered the top 10 not too long ago! Doin nice... however, the company is overvalued and maybe it's bubble is gonna burst one day or another!

Btw: Nintendo could be well underway to reach 2nd place after Super mario Galaxy and Wiifit launch worldwide! Which would make sure people who invested in Nintendo in 2003 would have an aprox. profit of 1000%.

THE NETHERLANDS

Blue Oceaaaaaannnnn!

Where's Sony BTW?

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
What's the difference between Inc, Co & Ltd? Anyone knows?

Inc - Incorporated
LTD - Limited Liability
Co - Corporation

Incorporated and Coporation mean the same thing (I believe)

Deegan said:
Where's Sony BTW?

Top 15 Japanese Companies by Market Cap  
01.Toyota Motor Corp. ¥23.28 trillion
02. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. ¥12.24 trillion
03. Nintendo Co., Ltd.¥10.10 trillion
04.NTT Corp. ¥8.56 trillion
05. Canon Inc.¥8.22 trillion
06. Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. ¥7.58 trillion
07. NTT DoCoMo, Inc.¥7.52 trillion
08. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. ¥7.30 trillion
09. Honda Motor Co., Ltd.¥7.21 trillion
10. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.¥7.12 trillion
11. Japan Tobacco, Inc.¥6.65 trillion 
12. Mitsubishi Corp. ¥6.34 trillion
13. Nippon Steel Corp. ¥5.83 trillion
14. Sony Corp.¥5.56 trillion 
15. Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.¥5.36 trillion

*Values as of Monday 10/15 market close.

Wow, Sony was at number 5 or 6 only a few months back. Can't believe Nintendo has almost surpassed Mitsubishi.

Damn it's going to be funny when the Wii crashes.

j/k

Oh its just Japanese, I thought the whole world. Cause Microsoft would be in the top 10.

Microsoft are at over $280 billion (compared to Nintendo with $85billion)

only $200 billion to go