By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Nintendo Wii Bashing From CNET

Wojtas said:
It's a bundle in Europe and in America. In Japan it's sold seperately. If you take out Wii sports, it's kind of like we should count out Motorstorm and Resistance from the PS3 bundles, as those games are also meant right now to move systems.

Thats a NA chart.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter what kind of chart it is, the point is still the same.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

You could always count Wii sports as a 60% attach rate. This is the attach rate of Wii sports in Japan were it is not bundled. I think it is a fair ratio. So you could say that the Wii has sold aroun 15,550,000 software units which is still higher than the PS2. That is in other words is around 3 games per console, while the attach rate of the Xbox360 is around 3.31 per console. I don't think that is too far.

Most people I play the Wii with are impressed by the Wii graphics, and the games, and have no interest in the PS3 and 360, maybe he's just looking at the hardcore graphic whores

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

elendar said:
johnlucas said:
jhlennon1 said:

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/10132007/15/more_nintendo_wii_bashing_from_cnet

"Listen, we all know the Wii is selling well, but that doesn't mean people are actually playing the console," he writes.

"Sorry to say, graphics still matter, and because it is lacking, some walk into a room, play with it for an hour, tell everyone how fun it is, and go back to their PS3 to marvel at the look of a game," Reisinger theorizes.

But "if people decide to buy it because it looks nice at a friend's house and proceed to play it until they get bored with it, where are the opportunities for third-party developers to make money?"

This writer is gonna have a heart attack once Wii proves graphics DON'T matter. The graphics were fine last generation. Get to the gameplay, suckas.

Nobody's having PS3 parties with ma and grandma.

Opportunities for 3rd parties? The vast vast VAST marketshare Nintendo has and will have. Where there's money to be made the opportunity will be taken.

John Lucas

The graphics were fine last generation if you owned a standard tv. Sorry, but on my HD TV I enjoy HD graphics. I personally plan on purchasing a wii but not for the games honestly. I'm really interested in Wii Fit and the party games to play with friends. Will I purchase super mario galaxy and other AAA titles? Possibly but to me when I do purchase a wii it will be more for the perks. In a sense the guy who you declare is just wrong "gonna have a heart attack" is describing the reason I would purchase a wii.

Im sorry but you dont represent the whole market...

I ask myself sometimes, Why the PS3 can last 10 years??? but the Wii cannot last 5??? 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

People seem to think that the Wii is going to be abandoned by the casual market because of its graphics, sorry but doesn't work that way, most casuals don't know what 1080P is, they only want things to look good on their TV's and Wii games look pretty good on flat screen TV's

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

jhlennon1 said:
"Sorry to say, graphics still matter, and because it is lacking, some walk into a room, play with it for an hour, tell everyone how fun it is, and go back to their PS3 to marvel at the look of a game," Reisinger theorizes. 

Sorry  just had to quote this again and laugh... HA HA!

This guy's a moron, I can't believe anyone could possibly say this and expect to be taken seriously... 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

"not for the games honestly.... the party games to play with friends"

It's okay. Only very strange people will actually judge you for buying a Wii and wanting to play it. Just relax, breathe, and accept that maybe, just maybe, you want to play games on the Wii.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

FJ-Warez said:
elendar said:
johnlucas said:
jhlennon1 said:

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/10132007/15/more_nintendo_wii_bashing_from_cnet

"Listen, we all know the Wii is selling well, but that doesn't mean people are actually playing the console," he writes.

But "if people decide to buy it because it looks nice at a friend's house and proceed to play it until they get bored with it, where are the opportunities for third-party developers to make money?"

This writer is gonna have a heart attack once Wii proves graphics DON'T matter. The graphics were fine last generation. Get to the gameplay, suckas.

Nobody's having PS3 parties with ma and grandma.

Opportunities for 3rd parties? The vast vast VAST marketshare Nintendo has and will have. Where there's money to be made the opportunity will be taken.

John Lucas

The graphics were fine last generation if you owned a standard tv. Sorry, but on my HD TV I enjoy HD graphics. I personally plan on purchasing a wii but not for the games honestly. I'm really interested in Wii Fit and the party games to play with friends. Will I purchase super mario galaxy and other AAA titles? Possibly but to me when I do purchase a wii it will be more for the perks. In a sense the guy who you declare is just wrong "gonna have a heart attack" is describing the reason I would purchase a wii.

Im sorry but you dont represent the whole market...

I ask myself sometimes, Why the PS3 can last 10 years??? but the Wii cannot last 5???

Because Xbox360/PS3 fanboys don't want it to.

elendar said:
BengaBenga said:
^Great stat, but WiiSports should be included in this kind of debate, .

^ Wrong. WiiSports is a cost to move systems. Its called a bundle. In this debate the charts are about how well software is *Selling* on the wii.

its not bundled every where the wii sells...Japan is a big one for instance