By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the big deal about the Beatles Rock Band?

I've asked a few people what the big deal about the Beatles Rock Band is and I keep getting the same answer: it faithfully recreates the Beatles experience?

Wut?

What does that mean?  Isn't it still just Rock Band with the Beatles?  What does it do so differently that is making everyone flip out over it?

Around the Network

I think people are freaking out over it because it is, just what you said. Rock Band filled with Beatles-songs. I guess the Beatles craze is still pretty strong.

EDIT: For the record, I don't particularly care about The Beatles or Rock Band so I'm not interested in the game. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't dislike The Beatles, but I don't love them to death either. And I'm no real fan of Guitar Hero or Rock Band anyway, atleast not enough of a fan to buy the games, but rather play them at friend's houses.

Word! Beatles is so overrated!

Eventually it will let you play the song where the Beattles condone spousal abuse. Nothing like good old fashioned sexism, and needles violent threats against those you love to get you feeling like a rockstar. Other than that it seems like a gimped version of Rock Band with a limited song pool.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

great thread, i don't get what the fuzz is about, i consider the beatles the most overrated band ever.

Around the Network

The Beatles have argueably the best songs in the world? Most people like them,that means more people will play it.

Hell i dont really care for rock or any love shit but this game is gonna get my rent.

I think Rock Band is overrated as well.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Garnett said:

The Beatles have argueably the best songs in the world? Most people like them,that means more people will play it.

Hell i dont really care for rock or any love shit but this game is gonna get my rent.

I get that people like the Beatles what I don't get is the It faithfully recreates the Beatles experience.

What does that mean?

I don't really care if people think the Beatles and Rock Band are two of the greatest things ever or overrated, just don't get why this particular edition is so huge.

twesterm said:
Garnett said:

I get that people like the Beatles what I don't get is the It faithfully recreates the Beatles experience.

What does that mean?

I don't really care if people think the Beatles and Rock Band are two of the greatest things ever or overrated, just don't get why this particular edition is so huge.

Might have something to do with that really trippy opening video they've showed off. I can't really tell, though.

People just like rockband i guess. I've never understood the hype behind either thing involved though.