By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Final Fantasy games you've played

Jumpin said:
Comments like "I don't like FF8 because of drawing" are a borderline absurd considering that is only one method of gaining magic; it's the equivilent of saying "I don't like pizza because of anchovies.".

The most effective method of gaining magic is from items. Though certain cards can give TONS of really powerful magic. You can use drawing, but I find it inefficient, ineffective, and tedious myself, so I use other methods.

Im not talking about the drawing mechanic (though that too is a pain) alone, but also the junctioning system. The fact that magic is linked to your stats discourages the use of magic at all, which really limits the combat system to aura >renzokuken

Around the Network
Chacron said:
Jumpin said:
Comments like "I don't like FF8 because of drawing" are a borderline absurd considering that is only one method of gaining magic; it's the equivilent of saying "I don't like pizza because of anchovies.".

The most effective method of gaining magic is from items. Though certain cards can give TONS of really powerful magic. You can use drawing, but I find it inefficient, ineffective, and tedious myself, so I use other methods.

Im not talking about the drawing mechanic (though that too is a pain) alone, but also the junctioning system. The fact that magic is linked to your stats discourages the use of magic at all, which really limits the combat system to aura >renzokuken

This.  I like the idea of linking magic to stats to create differing effects, but it discourages casting magic.  Bad implementation.

RolStoppable said:
dobby985 said:
RolStoppable said:
FFI - 7/10
FFII - 2/10
FFIII - 4/10
FFIV - 6/10
FFV - 6/10
FFVI - 6/10
FFVII - 7/10
FFVIII - 2/10
FFIX - 8/10
FFX - 4/10
FFXII - 2/10

FFX-2 - 7/10

You have absolutley no taste!

What? According to some people, IX is everything that Final Fantasy is and that's my favorite of the series. So it's not me lacking taste, it's Squaresoft/Square-Enix not knowing what the important essence of the series is, which resulted in disappointing games.

i agree !!!

FF9 owns all

1)FF9

2)FF10

3)FF TACTICS

4)FF 10-2

5)FF1

Definetely FF X. best game I've ever played

Mine are pretty well know (check avatar) but here goes:

1)FFVI
2)FFIV
3)FF Tactics
4)FFVIII
5)FFVII
6)FFIX

I dont even want to rank X and XII. Really didnt like them.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

The Best --- FF VIII
2. FF X
3. FF TACTICS
4. FF IX
5. FF VII
6. FF X-2
7. FF XII

That's all the FF games I've ever played...

Someone should do a regression analysis on this. That would be awesome!

This is invisible text!

FFVII-- 10/10
FFVIII--10/10
FFIX--10/10
FFX--10/10
FFX-2--10/10
FFXII--10/10

FF are the best rpgs for me. all of them are amazing for me. my favorite franchise of all times.

oh and i may also add that FF9 is the highest ranked game on Metacritic

321tttrini4everz said:

oh and i may also add that FF9 is the highest ranked game on Metacritic

Because the older Final Fantasies has less reviews......?