By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL Prediction League

I just realized something: I am the leader of Week 1 no matter what happens at this point... *insert evil laugh here* Yay, me!

Edit: Oh, and yay, Niners: if you didn't come through as my "upset special", the deadlock would be for 1st place, and I'd have to settle for 7th or 8th... Again, thank you, Frisco.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

I PM'd Sqrl about how points are scored in this league, but he wasn't online, so could somebody explain that for me?

Edit: Did I fail to mention this is my 1st season in this league?

allaboutthegames885 said:

I PM'd Sqrl about how points are scored in this league, but he wasn't online, so could somebody explain that for me?

You just tally your wins over the course of the season. Last year we did a week 4 playoffs prediction for bonus points, and I'm hoping sqrl will do the same thing again because it makes it more interesting. By week 4 you still don't know who is going to make the playoffs, but you have enough time to get a feel for how the teams are going to perform.

Weekly wins are tallied to deal with tiebreakers if two people tie at the end of the year.

EDIT:

Also, good job on the win. If it wasn't for the 49ers and the Bears, I'd be waiting for the tie breaker to see if I won the week.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
allaboutthegames885 said:

You just tally your wins over the course of the season. Last year we did a week 4 playoffs prediction for bonus points, and I'm hoping sqrl will do the same thing again because it makes it more interesting. By week 4 you still don't know who is going to make the playoffs, but you have enough time to get a feel for how the teams are going to perform.

Weekly wins are tallied to deal with tiebreakers if two people tie at the end of the year.

EDIT:

Also, good job on the win. If it wasn't for the 49ers and the Bears, I'd be waiting for the tie breaker to see if I won the week.

Thank you! Oh, and about the Bears: that's what you get for trusting interception-happy Jay Cutler. As for the Niners, you can chalk that up to dumb luck on my part, as I'd conveniently forgotten that the Cards made the Super Bowl last season...

Fuck the Bears it was a pathetic game. If they pulled out a win after how they played in the first half it would have been a miracle.

Around the Network

@ JEDE3: It was bad... But it was like I told nordlead, don't trust Cutler's arm!

nordlead said:
I do have some suggestions for the weekly graph. Add a wins and losses column on the end that auto-tallys the rest. Also, unplayed games should show up as a white/gray background rather than red. It makes it easier to see what the outcome was rather than having to look at the bottom to see if results came in.

Those win-loss columns are already there actually.  I had to turn it  into a seperate table due to the width of the existing table though (I had originally intended it to be part of the same table).  That's why I threw in the "early leaders" bit, because the win/loss table wasn't fitting like I wanted.  I can try to add a sort to the picks board so that it's easier to see where you stand, but I'm not 100% sure it will sort properly. 

I will definitely change the unplayed games to a light gray though. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

well, if we ban allaboutthegames885 and themanwithnoname it will fit

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

@ nordlead: Hey, now! Do I sense a hint of jealousy?

no, none at all. You two just have the longest names and prevent such a wonderful feature from being implemented