By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL Prediction League

I'm confused by your graph. It says "unanimous picks are bolded", but you have SF bolded and it was the only SF vote. You also have Miami bolded 1 out of 2 times.

EDIT: ok, I didn't notice the section at the bottom with the two rows. However, I still don't understand why some teams are bolded on the top portion.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Also, I'll throw in there that I'm one of four people who are 11-2

EDIT: missed amp

Also, I'm tied with amp no matter what, and all about the games will either win/lose to us due to the CHI/GB game.

EDIT 2: also missed aj_habfan who also has the same last 3 choices as myself and amp.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:

I'm confused by your graph. It says "unanimous picks are bolded", but you have SF bolded and it was the only SF vote. You also have Miami bolded 1 out of 2 times.

EDIT: ok, I didn't notice the section at the bottom with the two rows. However, I still don't understand why some teams are bolded on the top portion.

Yeah I can see how it might seem a little odd, but the bolded teams in the individual picks portion of the chart are to highlight upset picks.  If its a real problem I can make some adjustments to it.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Cutler worse than Grossman... never thought I'd see the day. 3 interceptions in less than 2 quarters...

DEAR LORD LOVIE! PULL HIM! YOU STUCK WITH REXY FAR TOO LONG AND WE KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT!

WTH was Lovie thinking? Going for it on 4th and long in a defensive game..deep in your own territory...when you're only up by 2.....

wow...

Around the Network

Headline for that Green Bay TD:

"Chicago defends the yard, Green Bay takes the mile!"

I'm glad that that godawful illegal contact call didn't decide the game. I'm getting a bit tired of the NFL and these rules where you can't touch anybody anymore on defense.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I wish I got my predictions in on time, that extra loss is hurting my strong week.

3 loses this week so far.

Thought all 3 of my underdog picks would bring wins, but Bears fucked up. Oh well.

themanwithnoname said:
I'm glad that that godawful illegal contact call didn't decide the game. I'm getting a bit tired of the NFL and these rules where you can't touch anybody anymore on defense.

The call was explained very well by the announcers too...kinda odd that they would get one right =P

But they were exactly right in pointing out that it should have been illegal formation on the offense for not having 7 men on the line.  As a result the LJ (line judge) thought Hester was on the line of scrimmage and thus assumed the line was a yard further back than it actually was. So the Al Harris bump on Hester just before 5 yards looked like a bump just after 5 yards (which would have been illegal contact). In short they missed a penalty on the offense and called one on the defense because of their failure to recognize it.

It was an absolutely terrible call on his (the LJ) part, and while it wasn't the game it could have been with how low scoring it was up until the end.

@speaking generally about the NFC North,

On the MNF game I thought Cutler obviously looked terrible but I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Rodgers as well...I mean 17 for 28, 184 yds, and 1 TD is not horrible and you can win football games doing that but its not what the Packers need from him to be a deep playoff threat this year.  I have no doubt they will improve on it, particularly some of the dropped balls I saw that weren't his fault, but neither team is where they wanted to be with their QB on week 1.

Before Packers fans try to defend the notion that Rodgers has to do more than he did let me just point out that you guys just scraped by a Bears team that gave up 4 interceptions....only 1 of which was actually attributable to good defensive play (John Jolly's 1 handed goal-line grab).  The other 3 were either partly (1 of them) or entirely (the othe 2) Cutler reading the defense wrong, missfiring on the route, or just plain making a bad throw.

Just to drive this home, old man Favre had a better QB rating than either of them and he needs to do far less for the Vikings than Rodgers or Cutler need to do for the Packers and Bears respectively.  Having said that, Favre could stand to improve over his measily 110 yards as well.  Needless to say the "experts" who proclaimed the NFC North a QB division need to rethink their headline...our QB's are pretty mediocre thus far, with only one of them living up to the early season standards he needs to for his team to be successful later on (and even then only because they were so low to begin with).

Between all 4 starting QB's in the NFC North we could combine Favre and Rodgers to have stats of one decent QB at ~300 yards and 2 TDs, and we could combine Stafford and Cutler to have one giant Offensive Coordinator's nightmare at 477 yards 1TD and 7 INTs.  Actually adding Stafford and Cutler's QB rating together (for week 1) and doubling it would still leave them in 3rd for QB rating within the division.

Nope, we're still the black and blue division, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I do have some suggestions for the weekly graph. Add a wins and losses column on the end that auto-tallys the rest. Also, unplayed games should show up as a white/gray background rather than red. It makes it easier to see what the outcome was rather than having to look at the bottom to see if results came in.