By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NFL Prediction League

allaboutthegames885 said:
I just thought of something: you could still adjust your MNF picks to try to bump me off... Or fall further behind in the attempt... Just a thought...

Given the games its not really worth the risk this week. Maybe someone else will want to though...thats why it ain't over yet though =)

edit:

PS - What do people think about giving 2 or 3 points for predicting a TIE game?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I hate this league. I hate the fact that a game can change by a lucky deflection.... now I'm last place =(

heh, at least you didn't throw away 38 points in a fantasy football game just because you swapped out the Eagles defense

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

JEDE3 said:
I hate this league. I hate the fact that a game can change by a lucky deflection.... now I'm last place =(

Nah, you're in second to last at the moment.  Even then you're only 4 games out of first...far from a bad spot really.  By the end of the year first and last place will probably be seperated by several dozen games.

@ JED: Wait a second, you're not in last place: themanwithnoname is, and even HE still has a chance... So stop whining, and regroup for Week 2!

@ Sqrl: Don't give extra points for predicting ties; just give half a point to everybody that made a prediction for the game...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

Wow, Urlacher out for season.

How are these points calculated? I had a solid week but am in the bottom of the pack.

Aj_habfan said:

How are these points calculated? I had a solid week but am in the bottom of the pack.

lol... there goes the season... when did this happen? I didnt watch the whole thing.

No Aj: you're presently tied for 2nd. Its 1 for a win, 0 for a loss, and fewer losses rank you higher for the week as well...

And yeah, it sucks that Urlacher lost use of his sword-wielding hand for the season... *tries to whistles the "Old Spice" theme, fails miserably*

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

nordlead said:
allaboutthegames885 said:

I PM'd Sqrl about how points are scored in this league, but he wasn't online, so could somebody explain that for me?

Edit: Did I fail to mention this is my 1st season in this league?

You just tally your wins over the course of the season. Last year we did a week 4 playoffs prediction for bonus points, and I'm hoping sqrl will do the same thing again because it makes it more interesting. By week 4 you still don't know who is going to make the playoffs, but you have enough time to get a feel for how the teams are going to perform.

Weekly wins are tallied to deal with tiebreakers if two people tie at the end of the year.

EDIT:

Also, good job on the win. If it wasn't for the 49ers and the Bears, I'd be waiting for the tie breaker to see if I won the week.

Just to answer this publicly:

There will be a playoff prediction, but I'd rather push it to week 6 or week 8.  It's still too early to know who will be in the playoffs but there is enough extra information to make it a bit less of guessing game.

As for how it will be scored, I'm leaning towards a prediction bracket.  Each team you predict to make the playoffs would be worth 1 just for making the playoffs.  Then you would get an additional point for every game they win in the playoffs.  In the meantime there would still be prediction weeks going on for the playoffs as well so you can choose from the teams actually playing.

So for each conference you would pick 6 playoff teams for 12 teams total. There would be a maximum of 25 points available for correctly picking all of the playoff teams (4 from the Wildcard Week Losers, 8 from Divisional Playoff Week Losers, 6 from Conference Championship Losers, 3 from SuperBowl Loser, and 4 from the SuperBowl Winner).  Basically you can look at this as everyone starting with 25 points and losing 1 point if a team they didn't select makes the playoffs.  Then for each week that team they didn't select advances they lose another point.

This combined with the normal weekly predictions during the playoffs and there is a ton of room for people to make comebacks or even for someone to run away with the competition.

Aj_habfan said:

Where do you see yourself at the bottom of the pack?  Both charts have you tied for 2nd QQ.

Hmmm....maybe I should add a ranking to the Scoreboard =P