By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So Sqrl: are you ready to update the leaderboard yet?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

The time has come!

The season scores have been updated in the OP (remember, Ctrl+F5 to force refresh).

And last but not least, the last prediction of the year:

VS

Sun 6:30PM (EST)
Feb 7th 2010

Win?

Win?

To use this ballot simply click here.  Next, set your cursor into the text box that pops up (ie where you would normally type your reply to the post) and hit CTRL+A to select everything. Then copy/paste that selection into a PM to me. Finally, before sending me the PM update the table to reflect your predictions, remove this text (and the text/images above) and write "Superbowl Prediction" in the title of the PM.

PS - The cells marked with "Win?" should be removed/edited to reflect your prediction.  I'll probably accept any other method for which I can distinguish the intent, but all such secondary methods requiring a judgment of intent will be made at my discretion.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Ok so with the update everyone can see that we now have virtual tie on our hands.  With 1 point seperating the remaining the leaders and the superbowl accounting for 4 points.

Note that the playoff prediction scores are 100% completed since everyone had NO and IND in their playoff predictions.  The last 4 points of the season will be the Superbowl.

Also please double and triple check that your information is correct!  I cannot stress this enough as the scores will be finalized on Feb 21st and whatever the board says on the 21st will be the official final results.

Sqrl said:

The time has come!

VS

Sun 6:30PM (EST)
Feb 7th 2010

Win

Dang playoff picks look pretty good. My head says Colts will win ,but my betting money and heart wants Saints to win.

@ brawl4life: Go with your head, then!

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

lol that's no fun ...you wouldn't happen to have picked the Saints to win 2 would yah ?

I will note that there is nothing that requires a publicly posted prediction to actually reflect what has been submitted to me. Additionally changes can be made to selections up until kickoff which means that you can have fun trying to fake each other out if you'd like.

The bottom line of course is that all brawl can do is pick the team he thinks will win and allabout can only try to pick the team he believes brawl thinks will lose.

Sqrl said:

We aren't really talking about all-time though, we are talking about the superbowl.  If you want to compare the two careers I would point out that the stats I just listed do show that Manning has a clear edge. So as far as that comparison goes I really didn't say anything that would contradict what you're saying.

Now looking at just what they've done this season, which is more indicative of what we can expect from this game, then there really isn't a clear edge for either of them.

That makes no sense... Do you watch football? Not only is Peyton executing the arguable best season of his career, but he's been there and done that when it comes to the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning will have a clear-cut advantage over Drew Brees come February 7th...

CrimsonRevolver said:
Sqrl said:

We aren't really talking about all-time though, we are talking about the superbowl.  If you want to compare the two careers I would point out that the stats I just listed do show that Manning has a clear edge. So as far as that comparison goes I really didn't say anything that would contradict what you're saying.

Now looking at just what they've done this season, which is more indicative of what we can expect from this game, then there really isn't a clear edge for either of them.

That makes no sense... Do you watch football? Not only is Peyton executing the arguable best season of his career, but he's been there and done that when it comes to the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning will have a clear-cut advantage over Drew Brees come February 7th...

It makes perfect sense...

I agreed that Peyton has had a better career, but the simple fact of the matter is that Brees and Peyton are both having phenomenal years and they're both playing some of the best football of their lives right now  The stats are almost identical, their team record is 1 game different, they both lead their team to the #1 seed, and they are both in the superbowl. Furthermore having watched literally every Saints and Colts game this season, both QBs are playing at a superbowl MVP level.  The game is simply not going to be decided by which QB is better, it will be decided at the line and in coverage, because the real difference in QB stats after the game is more than likely going to be a result of the protection and recievers and how well they did their jobs and created (or lost) opportunities for their QB.

Now understand that Drew Brees is by no means an "elite QB" yet, that kind of status is built up over a career.  But the way he has played this year (and even last year) he has consistently been able to put up numbers and produce wins in the way you expect of an elite QB.  This is why the career doesn't matter so much..because he doesn't have to have a better career than Manning to win the SB, he just has to have a better game and for that you look at how they've played lately...not over their entire career.  If that doesn't make sense to you then I can't help you. 

I don't know how anyone looks at the way Brees played this season and counts him out like you have. Honestly it sounds like you're caught up in some of the pro-Colts hype because you sound exactly like Saints fans who are saying pretty much the exact same thing about how Brees is going to have a huge advantage over Manning.  In short, the typical ostentatious fan rhetoric.  Perhaps if you gave some specifics on exactly what aspects you think Peyton would do better rather than just declaring it as a fact...if you're so confident why not predict what specific aspects of the game Peyton will gain this clear-cut advantage from?

As for your gratuitous question of whether I watch football...yes, yes I do.  In fact I'm quite confident I watch significantly more NFL football than you do, not that watching football makes anyone an expert.

PS - Perhaps ironically, I am rooting for the Colts.

Sqrl said:

If Drew Brees isn't an elite quarterback like you say, and Peyton is, then I'd say Peyton has an advantage over Brees. lol

Incidentally, I'm rooting for New Orleans.