By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So who gonna win the probowl NFC or AFC? Me thinks NFC ....

Around the Network

NFC all the way

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

I just read some NFL articles concerning the Minnesota Vikings.

Article one

-NFL: Hit On Favre Should've Been Flagged.
-Peterson is focused on ball security during this off season.
-Allen wants Favre back really badly.

The first one is complete b.s. The NFL speaks nearly a week later. Wow

Sephiroth357 said:

How do you think I feel, bro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_officiating_in_Super_Bowl_XL

We were robbed of our only Super Bowl, and I still haven't gotten over it...

CrimsonRevolver said:
amp316 said:

By the way, I am cheering for the Saints in the Superbowl but expect the Colts to win.

Me, as well.

I'm for dat N.O. GOOOOOOOOOO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!! WHO DAT NATION!!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Around the Network

Personally, I don't think Manning can outscore Brees, and even if he does, the Saints' ground game will win it for New Orleans...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

I do agree with him also. I dont think Manning on his best day can outscore Brees.

I'm not seeing the difference between Manning and Brees as being very clear at all....

Just looking at this year Brees had 34 TDs and Manning had 33. During the regular season Manning outscored Brees in 7 weeks and they tied in another week (Manning didn't really play in the final 2 weeks either). Looking back further there is the fact that Manning has a 49 TD season while Brees' best is this year's 34 (also had the same 34 last year). Add in that Manning has had five 30+ TD seasons in a 12 year career to Brees' two 30+ TD seasons in a 9 year career.

Now this year Brees has definitely seemed more explosive, but Manning only threw one less TD in the regular season than Brees. But even there isn't quite as big of an edge as you might think - Manning actually has 1 more 20+ yard pass play this year at 49 compared to Brees' 48 while Brees does take the edge in 40+ passes at 11 compared to Manning's 8.

Really the stats on these two couldn't be much more similar. Manning has 11 INTs to Brees' 16 which is the same story told by Manning's 10 sacks to Brees' 20. At the same time however Brees' has almost a full 2% better accuracy than manning and with a 0.6 yard better average (may not sound like a lot but its quite a big difference). So despite the obviously greater pressure Brees had a better accuracy - this indicates that these two things are a bit of a wash.

Now obviously the stats can't tell us what will happen, but they do tell us what has happened and based on that I don't see how anyone thinks there is a clear edge for either QB.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

I'm not seeing the difference between Manning and Brees as being very clear at all....

Stats don't mean much with Peyton Manning. He could have had more interceptions than touchdowns last season for all I care, he's still a better quarterback than Drew Brees. Manning is arguably the best QB to ever play in the NFL. Is Brees in that conversation?

CrimsonRevolver said:
Sqrl said:

Stats don't mean much with Peyton Manning. He could have had more interceptions than touchdowns last season for all I care, he's still a better quarterback than Drew Brees. Manning is arguably the best QB to ever play in the NFL. Is Brees in that conversation?

We aren't really talking about all-time though, we are talking about the superbowl.  If you want to compare the two careers I would point out that the stats I just listed do show that Manning has a clear edge. So as far as that comparison goes I really didn't say anything that would contradict what you're saying.

Now looking at just what they've done this season, which is more indicative of what we can expect from this game, then there really isn't a clear edge for either of them.

To Each Man, Responsibility