By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@adriane

Well, I think that's what jboy's trying to say. You're only flaunting the Vikings because they're in the NFC title game. If they lose, Brett Favre retires, and they return to the trash they inevitably will be, you won't mention them again until they have another magical momentum year.

By the way, that pun makes no sense.

Around the Network
CrimsonRevolver said:

@adriane

Well, I think that's what jboy's trying to say. You're only flaunting the Vikings because they're in the NFC title game. If they lose, Brett Favre retires, and they return to the trash they inevitably will be, you won't mention them again until they have another magical momentum year.

I root for the vikings even when they suck because there's always next year. And my pun makes perfect sense.

Edit: GO VIKINGS!!!!!

Editc 2: You're describing a "Fairweather Fan," not someone who jumps on the bandwagon.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:

You're describing a "Fairweather Fan," not someone who jumps on the bandwagon.

Precisely.

Anyways, as interesting as it is to discuss who is and isn't a true fan its just a distraction from what happened.

Now, I know Jboy is disapointed that the Cowboys are out, but that's over and done with.  If anything you should want the Vikings to win the whole thing this year so you can say Dallas lost to the best of the best.  Seems counterintuitive for a Dallas fan to talk down the Vikings after they just whipped the Cowboys.  Or are you really trying to say that Dallas got beat down by a bad team? 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Jboy0990 said:
Agreed the Vikes won't get past the Saints and even if they do they will get thrashed in the Superbowl. And its kinda funny all these so called "Viking fans" all live in Minneapolis. So just cuz u live there means u should root for them? Just like callin me a Dolphins fan cuz I live in Fl? You don't have to live in the state or city your team is from to be a fan. I live in Fl and I'm a Dallas fan. I have been for years. Seriously, I bet if the Vikings didnt have Favre or be in the playoffs, ya'll wouldn't even mention them. I see it here in Fl and I seen it in Tn where i previously lived. Ya'll arent football fans ya'll just root for the home team cuz ya'll feel ya'll have to.... in other words... Bandwagoners

Lol.  There's viking fans all over. I know a couple down in Texas. A bunch in Chicago. Besides, why wouldn't I support my home team? Especially when they're good. And how the hell did the vikings win 10 games without Favre last season?

I'm in no bandwagon. I wear viking purple after every game the vikings play, win or lose.

I am a die hard T-Wolves fan. They suck big time, but I grew up watching them. I love the Minnesota Timberwolves, and we're the 2nd worst team in the league.

CrimsonRevolver said:

@adriane

We won 10 games prior to Favres arrival. We're only going to get better.

This year, we can draft Colt in the second round. We may then have a consistent QB.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
adriane23 said:

Precisely.

Anyways, as interesting as it is to discuss who is and isn't a true fan its just a distraction from what happened.

Now, I know Jboy is disapointed that the Cowboys are out, but that's over and done with.  If anything you should want the Vikings to win the whole thing this year so you can say Dallas lost to the best of the best.  Seems counterintuitive for a Dallas fan to talk down the Vikings after they just whipped the Cowboys.  Or are you really trying to say that Dallas got beat down by a bad team? 

Lol I do that every year the Vikings or Pheonix Suns lose....which is....every year.....

GO VIKINGS!!!!!

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Sqrl said:
adriane23 said:

Precisely.

Naw not really. I hate the Vikings and will continue to hate them. I never said they were a bad team, BUT if it werent for Favre they wouldnt be in the playoffs. and as for Them "whoopin" the Cowboys, if Flozell Adams wouldn't have been a whiney bitch then they prolly would have done better. I man did u not see the first two drives they had? then poof Adams gets hurt then Jared Allen takes advantage of Doug Free(Who never played Left Tackle before) and that contributed to Dallas losing so its not like it was Dallas gettin straight whooped. If we had all our weapons it would have been closer or possibly even won. Need a link for proof? or do u want to just watch it again online? 

Sephiroth357 said:

We won 10 games prior to Favres arrival. We're only going to get better.

This year, we can draft Colt in the second round. We may then have a consistent QB.

The Vikings are aging. As the eighth oldest team in the league, their window is rapidly closing. To say otherwise is to be a fan in denial.

And do you really think that Colt McCoy is gonna get passed Seattle? lol There's no way Minnesota's getting the quarterback that would've raped Alabama if he hadn't been injured.

Vikings and colts in the Superbowl!!!!! you heard it hear first!!!!

Jboy0990 said:
Sqrl said:
adriane23 said:

Precisely.

Naw not really. I hate the Vikings and will continue to hate them. I never said they were a bad team, BUT if it werent for Favre they wouldnt be in the playoffs. and as for Them "whoopin" the Cowboys, if Flozell Adams wouldn't have been a whiney bitch then they prolly would have done better. I man did u not see the first two drives they had? then poof Adams gets hurt then Jared Allen takes advantage of Doug Free(Who never played Left Tackle before) and that contributed to Dallas losing so its not like it was Dallas gettin straight whooped. If we had all our weapons it would have been closer or possibly even won. Need a link for proof? or do u want to just watch it again online? 

I saw both of those first two drives, did you?  Both times the Cowboys were stopped, the first time by a strip sack and the second time Romo fumbled again and the drive stalled ending with a missed 48 yard field goal. Now when Adams went out I actually texted my brother in IL that things were about to get ugly for Dallas, so I agree that was a huge problem for them, but I think you are making a HUGE stretch to think they would have otherwise jumped right back into the game. 

The fact is that Ray Edwards was already having a great day against Marc Colombo, and the Vikings had already held the Cowboys to 3 points on three runs deep into Viking's territory before Adams left the game with his injury on their 4th drive.  Adams leaving the game certainly exacerbated the troubles they were having protecting Romo, but it was already clear this was going to be a concern throughout the game even with him in.

As for whether it would have been closer or they would have won if they were healthy?  Well this is part of football.  Every player on every team has to go through the long season and try to stay healthy.  Injuries are part of the game, and the fact is that both of these teams were really pretty healthy in this game.  I don't know if you noticed or not but in the 2nd half Ray Edwards came out of the game after already having had 3 sacks...should we conclude it could have been a lot worse if the Vikings had "all their weapons"? 

The game is what it is and no amount of speculation is going to change it.

To Each Man, Responsibility