By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Wii PRICE CUT to $199 no later than November!!

This will be true IF:

1. Sales don't begin to match/exceed last years sales given WSR, WF+, and NSMBWii have launched.

OR

2. PS360 begin to outsell Wii individually.

Around the Network

I don't think they will cut the price. They are fine where they are now.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Should be $149. $199 is kind pushing it with that hardware considering Gamecube was $99 a lot quicker.

Soleron said:
lol, he's going to be proved definitevely wrong.

Nintendo will at least wait until this holiday is over to see if WSR/WF+/NSMBWii had any impact, since Wii games have long legs. And if those three together fail to increase hardware, nothing will and price cuts won't save it.

If they wait until holiday is over then they won't drop the price until 2010 holiday. Only idiots would do price cut during first half of the year because sales boost would be way too small. In other words, if there no price cut before or during holidays, there won't be price cut after holidays however it sells during holidays.

Iono. Some companies, i.e. Sony and MS, are in the middle of a pissing contest where they want to get the most marketshare.

Marketshare is great, but I think Nintendo right now is concerned more about profitability. For example, If we saw the Wii cut its price 33%, and sales only increase 25%, then Nintendo would have lost money. Nintendo would have to increase sales 33% in order to just break even. (though, admittedly, if the 25% in console sales also means that those customers are attaching games or accessories with their purchases, then my example gets more complicated)

The bottom line is to make the most money right? I think nintendo is trying its best to not get into this war of attrition between MS and Sony.

I'm just glad I don't have to make these decisions.

Around the Network

The Wii won't have a price cut anytime soon.  We already know that - IWATA SAYS. Plus, I want the PS3 to get another price cut next year around this time and be cheaper than the Wii. That would be so awesome.

Kenology said:

The Wii won't have a price cut anytime soon.  We already know that - IWATA SAYS. Plus, I want the PS3 to get another price cut next year around this time and be cheaper than the Wii. That would be so awesome.

I'm not sure if that would be awesome or embarassing.

Considering the xbox 360 is already cheaper than the Wii and fails to outsell it despite better "value"

If the PS3 gets cheaper and still doesn't outsell it, it would be pretty embarassing considering it "does everything"

I am waiting for a $99 wii.

chamelean75 said:
I am waiting for a $99 wii.

Don't hold your breath...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Wii isn't price driven whatsoever, I doubt a price cut would do anything. Nintendo have no need to worry anyway