By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

Have some faith, it will have legs. It didn't sell BADLY. It's not in a popular genre, not from a highly acclaimed developer, and it's a new IP. Also, it COULDN'T have gone multiplat, because Sony owns it (though they don't own Sucker Punch).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Brun2003 said:
Dear god it needs to pass 1 millions it to sell like little big

Did you really think inFamous would sell like LittleBigPlanet? Not only did LittleBigPlanet release in the holiday season, it would appeal to a far larger audience than inFamous. It had more hype than inFamous. More advertising. And it's a better game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

its got legs, it will hit a million

mM

Infamous is awesome.

Check out my game about moles ^

I thought the sales were good;..not outstanding but for sure not bad. It is on his way to be a million seller that is for sure not bad for a game like Infamous.

Around the Network

I thought it's selling well, from what i've seen it's pretty much held full price in most stores here, a good sign for legs. On vgchartz it's still looming around the top 50 worldwide every week, and will no doubt show stronger sales as PS3 slim buyers look for new games (InFamous is still marketed quite strongly at the moment) and the Christmas rush.

I reckon it'll stop selling somewhere around 1.5m -1.6m, near where Ratchet and Clank, Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 ended up. Strong sales for a new IP which didn't get the Christmas launch sales of those games.

I'd say Prototype launching alongside it didn't help.

Throw in the fact it was a PS3 exclusive, and that didn't help a ton either. Oh wow, I had no idea that inFamous was re-adjusted. Here, I thought it had outsold Crackdown. Ouch. Bomba.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Kantor said:
Brun2003 said:
Dear god it needs to pass 1 millions it to sell like little big

Did you really think inFamous would sell like LittleBigPlanet? Not only did LittleBigPlanet release in the holiday season, it would appeal to a far larger audience than inFamous. It had more hype than inFamous. More advertising. And it's a better game.

I would just think a at least say mabey 15 20 percent of gta buyers would be like wow sweet games plus a lot of people who have picked up a ps3 since that game came out.  Also on a side note i hope resistance 3 does a lot better than 2

Just wait till the release it in Japan, it should sell 60 - 100k there.

It's sales have certainly been disappointing, but I don't think they are bad.

I just hope they're enough to get a sequel.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS