By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

@zen, did I say those games sucked? no, I said we cant assume that those games couldnt be better

Around the Network

All you people defending the 360...

NO GAME IN HISTORY has seen this much of a graphics downgrade...ever.

Yes they have been downgraded for sure, obviously...but not 50 per funkin cent (literally if you look at the two screens its obvious)..That "PC build" Garbage is bullshit, have you SEEN the Cryengine 3?

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Yeah and this will still be best jrpg this gen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Now I can't play FFXIII thanks to M$ T_T If M$ gets a hand on FFvsXIII, I'll bomb Microsoft company. FFXIII needs to stay a PS3 exclusive and FFvsXIII better stay a PS3 exclusive.

Ssliasil said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
rafichamp said:
for those of u who think multiple disks dont do anything, go play Star ocean, lost odyssey, FFVII, FF8

Yes, multiple discs totally ruined those games, they sucked.

No, they didnt suck, far from it...They could have been FAR FAR better ona single disc allowing you to do what you want WHEN you want...Bu tthey arent even RELAVENT to this argument cause they are a few generations BEHIND us.

That's an opinion, but it's also completely and utterly wrong.

Thing is, you don't know if it would have made them better, or worse. Would if have affected gameflow? Yes. Perhaps negatively. You don't know. You're just assuming. Would it have affected the amount of content? No. That isn't determined by disc size. Only the placement of content is determined by that.

Also, several 1 disc jrpgs have areas that you can only visit once. Several cartridge games.

It's your assumption that putting those games on ONE disc would automatically have made them monumentally better, that is basically and fundamentally wrong. Isn't it?

Maybe it's just me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
and considering the Technology wasnt around back then to PUT them on a single disc...then it is completely irrelevant. We at the time had no idea it could have been better...

Now we do...

XIII Could have and Should have remained a PS3 exclusive, SE is about TOP NOTHCH quality and thats what i expect from them... And the fact that they have watered down the game just to make a little extra dough is an insult to us.

Then don't buy it. It is as simple as that. Send them a message by not buying it.

(By they i meant other games in history)

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

i am not saying 360 shouldn't get their version.
but the ps3 shouldn't get cut things 1080p video 7.1, and japanese voice acting (which its standard in many japanese games this gen!).
just because 360 can't have it'.
FF7-8 were not bad games, but some developement choices really sucked.
like not being to go some towns in disc 4 of FF8 and places.
something that could have been avoiding, and i hope not going to happen to FF13-

rafichamp said:
@zen, did I say those games sucked? no, I said we cant assume that those games couldnt be better

No, we certainly can't assume that, and in fact, it's best for us to just stop assuming things alltogether. We get it wrong a lot.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ssliasil said:
All you people defending the 360...

NO GAME IN HISTORY has seen this much of a graphics downgrade...ever.

Yes they have been downgraded for sure, obviously...but not 50 per funkin cent (literally if you look at the two screens its obvious)..That "PC build" Garbage is bullshit, have you SEEN the Cryengine 3?

Show me proof of this downgrade.  Where's a pic of this running on the PS3 before 360 and after?