By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Video Service

yeah but redbox probably only has new releases right?

this is soon going to have way more than just new releases...

I don't know redbox but there is something called movie spot here in canada and its 2 dollars for a movie but you have to go there and go there again to reurn it....and only new releases...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
yeah but redbox probably only has new releases right?

this is soon going to have way more than just new releases...

I don't know redbox but there is something called movie spot here in canada and its 2 dollars for a movie but you have to go there and go there again to reurn it....and only new releases...

Problems is if they charge for the channel itself, then its like having to pay an entrance fee to Best Buy or Walmart. That's just wrong and I won't do it.

If there are free videos in the service as well, then I could justify it.

yes there are free videos as well as paid i am 99% sure i will find you the link sometime probaly by tomorrow...message me if its not here by tomorrow.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

superchunk said:
If I have to pay for the actual channel just to order the movies, then I'll stick to using RedBox $1/night rentals.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks more to be able to watch the movie anytime in more days and no having to go to and from the RedBox location, but, it's a matter of principle to have to pay for the privileged of giving them my business.

Yeah, I kinda felt the same way when Minna no Theater Wii was first released (in January, I believe). Of course, at that time I was completely not interested in any of the content they were offering. Still, I was tempted simply to see how well it worked, and because I like downloading things.

Later, when they signed their deal with Paramount and began offering content that I was somewhat interested in, I threw all "principle" out the window because I really couldn't resist seeing how well the service works. Like I said above, it all works much better than I expected, but they'll need to add a LOT more content that appeals to me before I start using it even on a semi-regular basis.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

and what is the interface like is it likie a family room or something

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
and what is the interface like is it likie a family room or something

Wii no Ma uses the "family room" style, and to nice effect in my opinion.

By contrast, I find the Minna no Theater Wii interface rather tacky and a bit difficult to navigate. The same design is used throughout the product's website, which I linked to above.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69