By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost odyssey - new trailer

flagship said:
grandmaster192 said:
I don't like the graphics in this or Mass effect. Something just isn't there...

Like a Sony logo Embossed on the corner of every screen?

The videos look great, next year seems to be building a steady lineup of quality titles already.

Heh.

The music in this is truly a highlight. Uematsu has really outdone himself -- sometimes I visit the Lost Odyssey site just to listen to the orchestral score in the background.

Around the Network

New video. Lost Odyssey intro (Game)

Awesome! Love the theme song.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_4929_en.html

Carpe Diem!

Any word on summons or limit breaks?

Maybe im just used to be spoiled by FF but I would think that sakaguchi (however u spell his name) would have mentioned them by now since its coming out in december for Japan.
When I first saw the trailer and heard the music I was real into this game, as a matter of fact it was the reason I bought my 360, but the more i see, the more im disappointed. Im sorry i just had extremely high expectations but are summons to much to ask for? How about being able to see my enemies? Hell blue dragon even had that.
I realize its not out yet and i havent played it but this game strikes me as being way to "old school" for its own good, and i mean that negatively.

It seems like they want to keep the whole game a mystry or something. I have little to no idea what the plot is. Okay, Kaim has lived a thousand years and has some friends that are immortals too...but any word on the villians? Or their motives? The world is apparently having a "magical revolution" but what was the world like before that? Why si Kaim on his journey in the 1st place? Is it to much to ask to have details like that known? Hell the 1st time SE showed ff13 they gave more information about it that one time than mistwalker has the entire development of Lost Odyssey. Maybe I was exaggerating, but still we don't know s*** about f*** for this games plot.
I appologize for sounding like im hating on LO but i feel like i have th right to be because this thee game i bought my 360 for, yeah halo and gears are amazing but to me this game was the crown jewel and just wanted it to be nothing less then a master piece but, so far with its random battles, no enemies shown on screen when not fighting, no summons, no limits, no idea what the plot is, i cant help but get a little upset. At least the music is good, and I mean GOOD.
In the past 5 years I feel SE hasn't been as good as they have been and was really hoping that mistwalker would take their place but from the looks of things thats not going to happen.

Go ahead and flame me for being a "ff fanboy" , im really not. Im a "good rpg with new and unique battle elemnts mixed with good plot fanboy." Which based off what little i know LO is gonna have a killer plot i just wish i knew more.

I appologize for venting. I have no doubt this will be a good game, possibly even great but if this is it ,then I wont be surprised when it gets 7's as an average score. It truly disappoints me to say that. It really does.

Am I the only one that feels this way?     BTW i really liked that trailer.

interesting. might be the second RPG I grab for my 360. (since oblivion)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Embedded for lazies:

Game looks fantabulous.

Around the Network

What does Sony have to do with me not liking the graphics of a game?

[

[

[

[