By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! -- PS3 DOMINATED Home Consoles!!

Huh?  My sales are down YOY and Im still keeping up (Wii) and you have to lower your price put a bigger hard drive and clear out your older model inventory to sell a few more the (ps3, Xbox 360 elite).  You call that dominating?  O_0 Post when your sales say Ps3 and 360 elite sales surpasses nintendos' 55 million user base.  combined they barely do it.  DS Rules!!

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

This is for JEDE3.  He claimed that people back after the 360 price cut were like IT'S DOMINATION and are now the ones saying this isn't domination.  Well can someone tell me something.... according to the data below, the 360 DOMINATED by a huge margin, not some 1k.

Week before price cut in NA:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 24th Aug 2008 to 30th Aug 2008:

Console PS3 X360
America

And then the week including the 360 price cut in NA (which by the way happened September 5th):

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Aug 2008 to 06th Sep 2008:

Console PS3 X360
America

So after one day of sales with a reduced price the 360 DOMINATED the PS3.  This is quite a big difference as this is nearly double the PS3's sales after just one day of sales.  So I'm sorry that you seem to have thought the 360 was only beating the PS3 by 5k, but for pretty much the entirety of the last 11 months it has been at least 20k higher on average.

DOMINATION!

*Cough* See above.  *cough*

God I love it when fanbois fight their turf wars.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I wouldn't call a 1.6K lead dominating, but whatever

Yay and it better stay that way rest of this generation. PS3 will outsell the Xbox 360 and Wii every week and month starting today.

Around the Network

Any gains that PS3 made in America were overshadowed by the massive bump in 360 sales in Europe

So if less then 2k is dominating does that mean next week it will be armaggedon??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

@naum

no next week it will DECIMATE competition!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@naum

no next week it will DECIMATE competition!

They will kill 1/10 of Nintendo and Microsoft employees??

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Dominate: to tower above; overlook; overshadow

It would have been a lot more accurate to say the PS3 outsold the competition in NA this week.

Selling less than 2% more consoles isn't exactly dominating.

But hats off to Sony for a job well done.