By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! -- PS3 DOMINATED Home Consoles!!

kowenicki said:
what happens if the next 4 weeks pan out like this

?

PS3 will be doomed?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

awesome news!!!. it had like a 100% increase week over week!!!. lets hope it keeps getting awesome sales.

darthdevidem01!!!. dont let anyone get you!!. lets enjoy!!.

Zucas said:
That is just a huge YoY drop for Wii. But I guess you can't say it is too surprising. But we are about to start seeing 360 be in the same range haha. Misery does love company.

Not bad increases for the PS3 and 360. I don't expect the 360's one to last too long. Just not enough to really warrant too many more purchases. Luckily though it has ODST at the later end of the month. As for PS3 definitely good and should be bigger next week as it will contain the official release date. We'll see how it stays as it could be difficult considering no big exclusive till Uncharted 2.

Of course I still must say in the wake of all this, Wii still isn't being affected too much. It's down YoY mainly due to its own account not really anything the competition did. And even when this happens it is still able to hold its ground fairly well. Of course that doesn't mean things are great by any standards, but it has refused to take a worst case scenario like it's competition has taken numerous times before it. But still going to be a decisive couple of months for Wii as it still needs to have some action to counteract these movements by its competition.

thank you you finally understand...1.7k over wii is not dominating and what my point is that with ps3 and 360 getting 100 dollar price cuts meaning they are only 50 dollars more yet wii only gets outsold by 1.7k...And while I expect PS3 to outsell Wii next week Not the 360...I say 360 will drop to 55k while PS3 will rise to 85K and Wii at 82K...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Better than expected increase for xbob 360 but really this is the start of a long period of Sony domination.

Natal is the only lil hope in this gen to avoid third place.

I think PS3 could be around 140 - 150k next week, Wii won't geta ny boost .. and 360 100 - 120k

Around the Network

@kowenicki all though it has a chance to be up again isn't it more likely that it will be down cause there is no new sku that people would be waiting for like the slim and also because people who wanted a 360 for 299 would have gotten it cause there is nothing new that will be coming that people would be waitng for.

But if I am mistaken correct me: I believe that 360 is 299 everywhere before this data came out for atleast 3 days right? cause if not then you are correct

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
@kowenicki all though it has a chance to be up again isn't it more likely that it will be down cause there is no new sku that people would be waiting for like the slim and also because people who wanted a 360 for 299 would have gotten it cause there is nothing new that will be coming that people would be waitng for.

But if I am mistaken correct me: I believe that 360 is 299 everywhere before this data came out for atleast 3 days right? cause if not then you are correct

ioi says they will be up significant;y, whya re you even bothering to say they will be down?

Seece said:
I think PS3 could be around 140 - 150k next week, Wii won't geta ny boost .. and 360 100 - 120k

I expect PS3 at 100k-110k with Wii coming in at 95k and 360 at 100k.... but i expect Wii to start outselling 360 after next week and start outselling ps3 by the end of september...PS3 then will start to mantain weekly sales at 50k-55k with 360 at 45k-55k and wii at 80k-90k 

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
Seece said:

I expect PS3 at 95k-100k with Wii coming in a close second at 90k and PS3 at 85k.... 

Well you're going to be sorely dissapointed aren't you.

domination by 1k.....wii is doomed. Quick, Nintendo drop the price of the Wii. At this rate Sony will Catch Ninendo in the next 100 years.