By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Users Report Firmware 3.0 ( Causing Uncharted Freezes )

just played the crap outta Batman AA, has no problem, but I'm planning to play Uncharted again soon....60G PS3s seem to be falling apart these last few days and thats already give me enough creeps....

Around the Network

Played Fallout 3 or 4 hours straight last night no problems, it actually runs better oddly enough.

SamuelRSmith said:
Mine froze on the web browser yesterday, I was trying to open a new tab, and *BAM*

the browser froze on me on 2.8 a couple of times, it's a problem in the browser not 3.0

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

You guys don't go to the PS forums much don't you???

THIS HAPPENS AFTER EVERY UPDATE. A ton of people reporting issues... Some true, some trolls.

This shouldn't be a suprise, it's the PS forums. That's where people go when a problem appears...

4 ≈ One

When I updated to 3.0 I installed a bigger HDD - something I had planned to do a while back but the 3.0 update was good motivation to finally do it.

I have had some issues with Uncharted but it was more of a stutter than a freeze.

I thought it was the Hard Disk's fault.

I am sure Sony or ND (or both) can do an Apple and fix the problem in a day or two...or so I hope.

Around the Network

No problem for me...

I've been massively playing Uncharted massively for the past 2 days... no freezing.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

krimoz911 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Mine froze on the web browser yesterday, I was trying to open a new tab, and *BAM*

the browser froze on me on 2.8 a couple of times, it's a problem in the browser not 3.0

yeah i have had problems with the browser since 2.8 as well, its always locking up on me

Vetteman94 said:
krimoz911 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

yeah i have had problems with the browser since 2.8 as well, its always locking up on me

I don't really use the browser enough to notice... I occasionally jump on to quickly Google something, or check my Facebook. Though I did notice that the XMB sometimes hangs for a while after you quit the browser.

SamuelRSmith said:
Vetteman94 said:
krimoz911 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

I don't really use the browser enough to notice... I occasionally jump on to quickly Google something, or check my Facebook. Though I did notice that the XMB sometimes hangs for a while after you quit the browser.

That also used to happen to me on 2.8 and 3.0 still, after exiting the browser the dualshock just doesn't respond for about 4 seconds then goes normal again.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

2.74 , whatever one was before the last one. anyways UFC was crashing ALL the fucking time during career mode and then 2.80 came out with one of the features being
* improved PS3 software compatibility *

UFC never cashed again, this might be something like that