By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 9 times more reliable than Xbox 360, 4 times more than PS3

Pristine20 said:
MikeB said:
Pristine20 said:
Gotta give it to nintendo. They make excellent hardware.

Yes, I agree and kudos. And even more important for a kids dominated console (should be relatively sturdy).

But, also with less complex and advanced hardware there are fewer things to go wrong.

For example a simple single tasking operating system vs an advanced multi-tasking operating system.

Also the Wii is mostly an upgraded GameCube by design, so produces less heat/cooling issues and the hardware is better tested (less risky for the manufacturer).

You've got a point there but personally I think that if a company takes the time to engineer powerful hardware, they should also take the time to ensure that it's reliable so I dont buy that excuse. Broken consoles are of no use to anyon.

When your ps3 has broken twice, you see things differently. As for the 360, I dont even know anyone who has one and never got an RRoD.

However, I've never heard of anyone with a broken wii.

Are you going to add that the Wii isn't exactly cutting edge technology?

I didn't see much of an issue with the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube breaking either.

Around the Network
Seinfeld said:

Are you going to add that the Wii isn't exactly cutting edge technology?

I didn't see much of an issue with the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube breaking either.

PS2 commonly had problems caused by it's laser, and PStwo had overheating related problems. Both were pretty bad, but the 360 problems have overshadowed any of last generations reliability issues.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

@ Demotruk
My point is the Wii isn't exactly advanced hardware. It comes to little surprise that it has the least amount of problems.

Nintendo hardware has always been more reliable than alternative or competing hardware.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Nintendo hardware has always been more reliable than alternative or competing hardware.

Yeah, the only problem is getting the console to read games. Before you only had to blow into the carts. Now you have to send it to Nintendo to clean it.

Around the Network

This guys are excluding the ROD because it is covered by warranty.

Then exclude also the PS3 and Wii failures that are covered.

Voilá, Wii and PS3 have both almost 0% failure rate.

Oh I wish the spin could end.

Arius Dion said:

agreed, but then also remember, they don't have the fancy high-tech other consoles have which generally leads to increased failure rate.

In previous generations they were as cutting edge (often more so) than the competition in terms of processing, yet still made very reliable consoles.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

deathgod33 said:
Arius Dion said:

agreed, but then also remember, they don't have the fancy high-tech other consoles have which generally leads to increased failure rate.

so just cause its fancy and all doesn't mean it is ok for it to be nt reliable...a tv is probably more fancy and a gaming computer is way more fancy so just cause they are fancy doesn't mean MS can say who cares to reliabilty...Sony used expensive parts to make their console fancy and more reliable while MS only made their console fancy so MS should have used better more expensive materials but they just wanted to cut down on price so they didn't use the best materials out there in the market.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

deathgod33 said:
Arius Dion said:

Gamecube is more powerfull than PS2. Gamecube breaks less.