By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Biggest competition for Wii this christmas.

Realistically speaking, the systems are going to sell in a similar order to the following (on a worldwide scale)

1. Nintendo DS
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Sony PS2
  4. Sony PSP
  5. Microsoft XBox 360
  6. Sony PS3
  7. Nintendo Gameboy Advance

When you break it down to regions it will look like:

Japan

1. Nintendo DS
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Sony PSP
  4. Sony PS3
  5. Sony PS2
  6. Microsoft XBox 360

North America

1. Nintendo DS
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Microsoft XBox 360
  4. Sony PS2
  5. Sony PSP
  6. Sony PS3
  7. Nintendo Gamboy Advance

Other

1. Nintendo DS
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Sony PS2
  4. Microsoft XBox 360
  5. Sony PSP
  6. Sony PS3

Ultimately you will see some juggling of that list (in particular in regions like North America it is likely that the XBox 360 may pass the Wii) but the overall structure should remain similar. The Nintendo DS with its low price and large library is perfect for giving an individual as a Christmas gift, the Nintendo Wii will sell amazingly well to families, the PSP will continue to see increased sales due to its redesign, the XBox 360 will perform well in North America and Europe because of its strong library, the PS2 and GBA will sell because they're dirt cheap, and the PS3 will struggle with a high price tag and small library.

Around the Network

I don't think PS3 will sell amazing just because it's bundled with a football game and the 40GB has not been recived well at any of my friends because of BC but we will see I just don't see people buy a console for a football game.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

#
# Celebrate the 10th anniversary of his smash-hit predecessor
# Details are top secret
# All will be revealed on September 19, 2006
#

its been out for over a year and we still don't know the top secret details (maybe they hid a nuclear bomb in it )

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

TWRoO said:

I have just seen an advert on ITV (UK channel, i was watching Richie Rich) for Wii's new christmas competion.

Tickle me Elmo extreme!....10 yars after the first one.

I will try to find a website link to the product.

link; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ETRE0Q/ref=s9_asin_title_1/203-6454613-3863903?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1MEM0YZ6D03GD8BB7ATS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=139045791&pf_rd_i=468294

only 1 left in stock already!....rank 204 in toys and games

Apparently the new things Elmo says are:  "I'm filled with lead!" and "A child younger than you made me!".  Kidding...  (My sick attempt at humor) ;)

after he says that legends he sues for sexual harrassment and the child gets arrested for molestation.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

i heard a ps3 fan talkin about buying the ps3 40Gb and sayin he wouldn't because 'that's bulls**t'

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

TWRoO said:

I have just seen an advert on ITV (UK channel, i was watching Richie Rich) for Wii's new christmas competion.

Tickle me Elmo extreme!....10 yars after the first one.

I will try to find a website link to the product.

link; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ETRE0Q/ref=s9_asin_title_1/203-6454613-3863903?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1MEM0YZ6D03GD8BB7ATS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=139045791&pf_rd_i=468294

only 1 left in stock already!....rank 204 in toys and games

The Wii is *deep breath* DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!