By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would a Third Person Fighting Game with 4+ Players be fun?

Would a fighting game that incorporated third person control and full 3D environments (like in Dissidia Final Fantasy) and the chaotic free for all multiplayer nature of something like Super Smash Brothers make a fun game?

Obviously playing on the same system splitscreen would have to be used and the number of players would be limited, but online there could be a higher player limit and it would be li ke an up close and personal TPS.

Do you think this would be possible?

Do you think this would make a fun game?

I could see something like DBZ or Marvel vs. Kingdom Hearts helping sell it.

Edit: So apparently this has been done in the Power Stone Series for the Dreamcast and later ported over to the PSP. There is also Urban Reign for the PS2, but it seems to have a limited splitscreen co-op mode.

Does anyone think Capcom may be working on Power Stone 3 for one of the home consoles?

More games are coming out of the cracks. Both War of the Monsters (PS2) and Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (GC and Xbox) have four player fighting modes. I don't know what the camera position is like in these games. Side view cameras get annoying when the characters are far apart on the screen because they have to zoom out. War of the Monsters does address this somewhat by going splitscreen when the distance is too large.

Armored Core series is somewhat similar but is more TPS than a fighter.

Anyone know of anything from the current generation that is at all like these games?

Around the Network

Armored Core?

and enough with the kingdom hearts and marvel, Kingdom hearts was bad enough as it is to include disney.

PullusPardus said:
Armored Core?

I didn't realize Armored Core was like that. Doesn't that have more of an emphasis on long range weapons though? I was thinking more along the lines of something where it is beneficial to get up close to the opponent and what not.

Correct me if I am wrong. I obviously don't know much about armored core.

Power Stone?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
Power Stone?

this is it... except camera angle

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Fighting Force (1 not 2)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

saicho said:
Power Stone?

Yeah, that seems to be exactly what I was talking about. Was there anything like it on other consoles? I see it is on the PSP now but I feel it must have been more fun to be able to play with friends in the same room or with more than 4 people online. 

Poor Dreamcast and its wrong place at the wrong time curse.

i want fighting force 3 with split screen, a vs mode and online co op it would be amazing :O

nen-suer said:
Fighting Force (1 not 2)

I remember playing the demo of that game back in the day and it was fun. But that is more one or two strong people against groups of weaker enemies. I was thinking more along the lines of fighting games where the number and strength of each side are balanced.